Dutch coatings company Akzo Nobel NV (AKZA.AE) said Thursday Rob Frohn, Board of Management member responsible for Specialty Chemicals, will leave the company and it will also nominate two new Supervisory Board members.
- The proposed two new Supervisory Board members are Sari Baldauf, currently non-executive Chairman of the Board of Fortum Oyj and director at several other companies, and Ben Verwaayen, currently CEO of Alcatel-Lucent.
- Sari Baldauf has senior executive experience of building and running global businesses at Nokia Corporation.
- Ben Verwaayen has many years' experience operating at the highest level of successful international businesses, including as CEO of BT Group and as Managing Director of KPN in the Netherlands.
- Baroness Bottomley will step down from her position on the Supervisory Board after having served the company as a Supervisory Board member for 12 years.
- The Supervisory Board and Rob Frohn, Board of Management member responsible for Specialty Chemicals, have mutually agreed that Rob will step down from the Board of Management.
- Werner Fuhrmann, Executive Committee member responsible for Supply Chain and Sourcing, will manage Specialty Chemicals until Rob's successor is identified.
- All changes will become effective on May 1, 2012.
- By Amsterdam Bureau, Dow Jones Newswires; email@example.com