Amino showcases latest IPTV and OTT innovation at Canto - the leading carribbean broadband show
8 Jul 2013
Amino Communications, leaders in IPTV/OTT solutions, will showcase a range of enhancements across its IPTV product range at Canto 2013, the leading Caribbean broadband technology event.
At Amino's booth - #58 - visitors can see a range of demonstrations showing how content from a range of sources - pay-TV, the open Internet, and home content - can be managed and distributed around the home.
Amino will highlight a wide range of improvements to its IPTV/OTT range including:
- Enhanced http live streaming (HLS): demonstrating reliable video service delivery over networks where high contention rates create challenges - offering operators the opportunity to deliver services "off-net" over the open Internet
- "Carrier grade" Wi-Fi capability via a USB dongle - easing deployment costs and installation challenges for operators
- OTT trickplay and recording: offering the same smooth fast forward, rewind and accurate skips for HLS-based services as users experience from recorded and live content
- demonstrations of latest middlewares showing how traditional pay-TV services can be blended with OTT content delivery
- the Amino Live home media centre - powered by the new Intel® Atom CE 5300 media processor - delivering seamless multi-screen distribution to TVs, smartphones and tablets around the home.
Amino's Director of Sales (Latin America and Caribbean) Sandra Conejos said: "We are seeing increasing numbers of operators maximise their network investment in broadband by deploying pay-TV services. CANTO offers a great opportunity to showcase our range of IPTV and OTT solutions to this exciting and innovative market."
This year's Canto event takes place in Aruba from 14th -19tth July, 2013 and will focus on broadband developments with the theme "Towards a SMART Broadband Caribbean Community".