ASICS LAUNCHES EVORIDE™ITS LIGHTEST, MOST AFFORDABLE
ENERGY-SAVING RUNNING SHOE TO DATE
· With an updated midsole featuring FLYTEFOAM™ Propel, EVORIDE™ weighs just 9oz1
· Built upon innovative GUIDESOLE™ technology designed to reduce energy loss and give that feeling of effortless coasting
· The latest addition to the ASICS energy-saving family, following the launch to critical acclaim of the METARIDE™ and GLIDERIDE™ shoes last year
[7th February, 2020 - KOBE, JAPAN] - ASICS has today revealed the newest addition to the energy-saving family with EVORIDE™. Weighing just 9oz and priced at 120 USD, EVORIDE™ is the lightest and most affordable shoe in the family and follows the launch to critical acclaim of the highly successful METARIDE™ and GLIDERIDE™ shoes released last year. EVORIDE™ will be available in stores globally from February 7th.
Like the other shoes in the ASICS energy-saving family, EVORIDE™ features the signature and innovative GUIDESOLE™ technology, an ergonomic, precision-shaped curved sole that works by limiting movement in the ankle joint, the area where most energy is expended.
A SPRING IN THE STEP
Designed for neutral runners, the new EVORIDE™ offers a dramatic toe spring that gives a rolling feeling for effortless forward motion. With a moderate sole curvature, compared to the previous two shoes in the family, EVORIDE™ offers more choice for runners with differing running styles and needs who want to take advantage of the GUIDESOLE™ technology. Meanwhile, a soft one-piece midsole with full ground contact gives a smooth heel-to-toe transition and Super AHAR™ rubber under the heel delivers added durability.
Despite its lightweight design, the new EVORIDE™ sacrifices absolutely nothing in terms of comfort. The FLYTEFOAM™ Propel midsole offers outstanding cushioning and a soft, responsive underfoot feel, while the multi-directional stretch mesh upper material enhances breathability and adjusts to the shape of the wearer's foot to deliver an excellent fit.
Kenichi Harano,Executive Officer and Senior General Manager at ASICS Institute of Sport Science, said: 'After the success of METARIDE™ and GLIDERIDE™, we wanted to bring the same combination of energy efficiency, cushioning and durability to even more runners. As the lightest and most affordable member of our energy saving family, EVORIDE™ is the perfect partner for both fast, tempo training and long distances, helping runners push their own boundaries of speed and endurance like never before.'
EVORIDE™ will be available for men and women from ASICS retail, online stores and specialist running outlets globally from February 7th, 2020. Visit www.asics.com for more information.
To learn more about ASICS, and the new EVORIDE™, please visit: https://youtu.be/tZYF0oxm1Fk
- ENDS -
NOTES TO EDITOR
EVORIDE™ features the following proprietary technologies:
1. GUIDESOLE™ TECHNOLOGY: curved midsole construction helps minimize movement in the area where most energy is expended; the ankle joint and allows
2. FLYTEFOAM™ PROPEL TECHNOLOGY: Lightweight midsole foam is soft and responsive for a more cushioned underfoot feel.
3. ENGINEERED MESH UPPER: Multi-directional stretch mesh adjusts to the shape of the foot for an excellent fit.
4. ROLLING MOTION LAST: More toe spring encourages a rolling motion from foot strike to toe-off.
5. FULL GROUND CONTACT: The sole provides a smoother transition from heel strike to toe-off.
6. LIGHT AHAR™ SPONGE RUBBER: Outsole rubber reduces wear and improves cushioning.
7. SUPER AHAR™ HEEL-PLUG: ASICS higher-abrasion rubber is used in heavy wear areas to extend the life of the shoe.