May 28-- May 28--BELVIDERE -- No injuries were reported and there was no risk to the public after an ammonia leak at Dean Foods in Belvidere, according to 13 WREX, the Register Star's media partner.
Belvidere Fire Chief Al Hyser said fire crews were called to Dean Foods for a possible ammonia leak around 7:30 a.m. Tuesday. Ammonia is used for refrigeration, according to Boone County Fire District 2 Deputy Chief Bob Koehn.
The leak was contained to two rooms, Hyser said.
Hyser also said everyone was evacuated safely and there are no injuries.
Fire crews were they're trying to figure it out how to get the odor out of the building.
(c)2019 Rockford Register Star, Ill.
Visit Rockford Register Star, Ill. at www.rrstar.com
Distributed by Tribune Content Agency, LLC.
© Tribune Content Agency, source Regional News