Teijin Limited is a diversified group organized around 5 areas of activity:
- manufacturing and distribution of textile products and clothes (35.8% of net sales): textile fibers, polyesters, polymers, etc.;
- production of electronic materials and polymer products (29.7%);
- manufacturing of care and health products (17.7%): medicines (for the treatment of metabolic, cardiovascular, bone, joint and respiratory diseases), and home care equipments (home oxygen therapy equipments and positive pressure fans);
- production of synthetic fibers (10.1%): aramid, carbon and polyester fibers for industrial applications;
- other (6.7%): primarily sale of computing products and services.
Net sales break down geographically as follows: Japan (56.3%), China (11.8%), Asia (8.4%), Americas (15.2%) and other (8.3%).