* The Toronto Stock Exchange's TSX falls 0.26 percent to 16,954.84
* Leading the index were Gran Tierra Energy Inc , up 5.4%, BlackBerry Ltd , up 5.2%, and Canada Goose Holdings Inc , higher by 4.8%.
* Lagging shares were Hexo Corp , down 15.6%, Aurora Cannabis Inc, down 13.0%, and Canopy Growth Corp, lower by 9.3%.
* On the TSX 112 issues rose and 116 fell as a 1-to-1 ratio favored decliners. There were 12 new highs and no new lows, with total volume of 199.3 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Aurora Cannabis Inc , Husky Energy Inc and Manulife Financial Corp.
* The TSX's energy group fell 0.93 points, or 0.7%, while the financials sector slipped 0.19 points, or 0.1%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures fell 1.06%, or $0.62, to $57.96 a barrel. Brent crude fell 0.58% , or $0.37, to $63.6
* The TSX is up 18.4% for the year.