* The Toronto Stock Exchange's TSX falls 0.57 percent to 16,694.27
* Leading the index were Turquoise Hill Resources Ltd, up 4.8 percent, First Quantum Minerals Ltd, up 4.4 percent, and Wesdome Gold Mines Ltd, higher by 3.6 percent.
* Lagging shares were Kinross Gold Corp , down 5.6 percent, Interfor Corp, down 5.4 percent, and Agnico Eagle Mines Ltd, lower by 4.4 percent.
* On the TSX 61 issues rose and 170 fell as a 0.4-to-1 ratio favored decliners. There were 6 new highs and 2 new lows, with total volume of 195.8 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Bank Of Nova Scotia, Encana Corp and Yamana Gold Inc .
* The TSX's energy group <.SPTTEN> fell 0.75 points, or 0.5 percent, while the financials sector <.SPTTFS> climbed 0.50 points, or 0.2 percent.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures fell 1.01 percent, or $0.57, to $55.84 a barrel. Brent crude fell 1.56 percent, or $0.98, to $61.76 [O/R]
* The TSX is up 16.6 percent for the year.