* The Toronto Stock Exchange's TSX rises 0.43 percent to 16,877.42
* Leading the index were Canopy Growth Corp , up 12.4%, Cronos Group Inc , up 7.8%, and Badger Daylighting Ltd , higher by 7.3%.
* Lagging shares were Altus Group Ltd , down 7.1%, West Fraser Timber Co Ltd, down 4.4%, and Cascades Inc , lower by 4.1%.
* On the TSX 114 issues rose and 113 fell as a 1-to-1 ratio favored advancers. There were 16 new highs and 3 new lows, with total volume of 207.0 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Enbridge Inc , Aurora Cannabis Inc and Encana Corp.
* The TSX's energy group rose 0.50 points, or 0.4%, while the financials sector climbed 0.53 points, or 0.2%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures rose 0.49%, or $0.28, to $57.43 a barrel. Brent crude rose 0.55% , or $0.34, to $62.63 [O/R]
* The TSX is up 17.8% for the year.