Log in
E-mail
Password
Remember
Forgot password ?
Become a member for free
Sign up
Sign up
New member
Sign up for FREE
New customer
Discover our services
Settings
Settings
Dynamic quotes 
OFFON

MarketScreener Homepage  >  Equities  >  NATIONAL STOCK EXCHANGE OF INDIA  >  Vedanta Ltd    VEDL   INE205A01025

VEDANTA LTD

(VEDL)
  Report  
End-of-day quote. End-of-day quote NATIONAL STOCK EXCHANGE OF INDIA - 10/31
210.55 INR   -0.43%
09/20VEDANTA : Japan's Pan Pacific sees global copper shortage shrinking in 2020
RE
06/28Zambian Court Lifts Staying Order on KCM Liquidator, Vedanta Resources Says
DJ
04/03VEDANTA LTD : Annual results
CO
SummaryChartsNewsRatingsCalendarCompanyFinancialsConsensusRevisions 
News SummaryMost relevantAll newsPress ReleasesOfficial PublicationsSector newsAnalyst Recommendations

Zambian Court Lifts Staying Order on KCM Liquidator, Vedanta Resources Says

share with twitter share with LinkedIn share with facebook
share via e-mail
0
06/28/2019 | 12:31pm EDT

By Joe Wallace

Zambia's High Court lifted the staying order it had imposed on the provisional liquidator of Konkola Copper Mines, parent company Vedanta Resources Ltd. (500295.BY) said Friday.

The court issued the staying order on Wednesday after an application by Vedanta Resources.

The High Court appointed the provisional liquidator in May after a winding-up petition by Zambian firm ZCCM Investment Holdings PLC, which owns 20% of KCM. Vedanta Resources owns the remaining 80%, after an investment made in 2004.

The decision to lift the staying order represents another twist in a case that has made international companies nervous about attempts by governments in southern and central Africa to take greater control of their countries' natural resources.

A hearing on the staying order, as well as Vedanta Resources's application to represent itself in the winding up, is scheduled for July 4, the company said.

Write to Joe Wallace at joe.wallace@wsj.com

Stocks mentioned in the article
ChangeLast1st jan.
GOLD 0.33% 1493.64 Delayed Quote.15.75%
LME COPPER CASH -0.45% 5794 End-of-day quote.-0.77%
SILVER 0.09% 17.574 Delayed Quote.13.59%
VEDANTA LTD -0.43% 210.55 End-of-day quote.-36.03%
share with twitter share with LinkedIn share with facebook
share via e-mail
0
Latest news on VEDANTA LTD
09/20VEDANTA : Japan's Pan Pacific sees global copper shortage shrinking in 2020
RE
07/31Glencore feels pain of Africa risk, cobalt price fall
RE
07/26Anglo American's Biggest Investor Sells Stake, Ending Takeover Speculation --..
DJ
07/25ANGLO AMERICAN : Indian billionaire Anil Agarwal sells Anglo stake
RE
06/28Zambian Court Lifts Staying Order on KCM Liquidator, Vedanta Resources Says
DJ
06/17VEDANTA : lost USD 200 million in profits in one year of Tuticorin plant shutdow..
AQ
06/17VEDANTA LOST $200 MN IN PROFITS IN O : Agarwal
AQ
06/10ONGC, Vedanta set to win 9 oil, gas blocks each; Reliance-BP one, OIL 12
AQ
06/08VEDANTA : organises mass plantation drive
AQ
05/31EXPLAINER : Zambia's moves on Vedanta, KCM alarm mining industry
RE
More news
Financials (INR)
Sales 2020 906 B
EBIT 2020 169 B
Net income 2020 80 763 M
Debt 2020 352 B
Yield 2020 9,70%
P/E ratio 2020 6,98x
P/E ratio 2021 5,88x
EV / Sales2020 0,99x
EV / Sales2021 0,86x
Capitalization 541 B
Chart VEDANTA LTD
Duration : Period :
Vedanta Ltd Technical Analysis Chart | MarketScreener
Full-screen chart
Income Statement Evolution
Consensus
Sell
Buy
Mean consensus OUTPERFORM
Number of Analysts 18
Average target price 184,56  INR
Last Close Price 146,25  INR
Spread / Highest target 62,7%
Spread / Average Target 26,2%
Spread / Lowest Target -7,69%
EPS Revisions
Managers
NameTitle
Srinivasan Venkatakrishnan Chief Executive Officer & Director
Navin Kumar Agarwal Executive Chairman
G. R. Arun Kumar Chief Financial Officer & Director
Lalita Dileep Gupte Independent Non-Executive Director
Ravi Kant Independent Non-Executive Director
Sector and Competitors
1st jan.Capitalization (M$)
VEDANTA LTD-36.03%7 797
ANTOFAGASTA9.50%10 951
JIANGXI COPPER COMPANY LIMITED-2.41%5 771
FIRST QUANTUM MINERALS-1.00%5 724
KGHM POLSKA MIEDZ S.A.-7.55%4 245
YUNNAN COPPER CO.,LTD--.--%2 527