Volvo is the leading European truck maker and No. 3 worldwide. Net sales break down by activity as follows:
- sales of trucks (63.9%): 226,490 vehicles sold in 2018 (names Volvo, Renault, UD, Eicher and Mack);
- sales of construction equipment (21.5%): excavators, loaders, backhoes, hydraulic shovels, graders, dump trucks, etc.;
- bus and chassis sales (6.4%): world's No. 2 largest manufacturer;
- sales of parts, control systems, and marine and industrial motors (3.4%): for commerce and cruise ships and for industrial applications (irrigation units, lifting trucks, electrical generators, etc.);
- financial services (3.3%);
- other (1.5%).
Net sales are distributed geographically as follows: Sweden (2.5%), France (8%), Europe (30.6%), North America (27.4%), Asia (19.7%), South America (5.4%) and other (6.4%).