On 10-12 July 2018, Asia Pacific Energy Research Centre (APERC) hosted its 16th workshop on Energy Statistics in Tokyo, Japan. The workshop was attended by 16 Asia - Pacific countries, namely Australia, Chile, China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Mexico, Malaysia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, the Philippines, Russia, South Korea, Thailand and Vietnam.
Additionally, there were experts from the International Energy Agency (IEA), International Energy Forum (IEF), International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA), and Energy Statistics and Training Office, Asia Pacific Energy Research Centre (APERC/ESTO).
Mr. Visal Veng, Energy Research Analyst of the ASEAN Centre for Energy (ACE) also participated in the discussion. He delivered presentation about the energy data collection among the ASEAN Member States (AMS).
This workshop was conducted to facilitate information exchanges regarding:
(1) District heating/cooling facilities data in Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) member countries,
(2) Energy efficiency indicators and the APEC energy efficiency indicators template,
(3) New and renewable energy (NRE) statistics and the APEC NRE doubling goal,
(4) Challenges in improving the Joint Organisations Data Initiative (JODI) data,
(5) Other relevant issues, e.g. results of other APEC workshops on energy statistics and the APEC Expert Group on Energy Data and Analysis (EGEDA) Secretariat. (VV. Featured photo credit: APERC)