Log in
E-mail
Password
Show password
Remember
Forgot password ?
Become a member for free
Sign up
Sign up
New member
Sign up for FREE
New customer
Discover our services
Settings
Settings
Dynamic quotes 
OFFON
News: Latest News
Latest NewsCompaniesMarketsEconomy & ForexCommoditiesInterest RatesBusiness LeadersFinance Pro.CalendarSectors 
All NewsEconomyCurrencies & ForexEconomic EventsCryptocurrenciesCybersecurityPress Releases

Consumer firms lift China shares as export growth beats forecasts

07/13/2021 | 01:02am EST

* SSEC +0.24%, CSI300 -0.05%, HSI +1.86%

* Consumer firms drive A-shares gains

* Export data shows recovering global demand

* Tech boosts Hang Seng; Tencent jumps after Sougou deal approval

SHANGHAI, July 13 (Reuters) - Shanghai shares rose on Tuesday on strong gains in consumer staples firms, as new data showed China's exports grew at a much faster-than-expected pace in June on recovering global demand.

** Easing global lockdown measures drove China's June exports to grow much faster, and import growth also beat expectations, customs data showed on Tuesday. ** At the midday break the Shanghai Composite index was up 0.24% at 3,556.27 points. China's blue-chip CSI300 index was down 0.05% at the midday break, a day after rising 1.25% on a central bank announcement that it would cut banks' reserve requirement ratios (RRR). ** In a commentary on Tuesday, a former People's Bank of China official said the RRR cut could help authorities to deal with shifts in U.S. monetary policy and may relieve future downward pressure on the yuan, while noting that China's recovery remains imbalanced. ** The CSI consumer staples sector rose 1.75% and the real estate index added 0.4%. ** Refinitiv data showed foreign investors were net buyers on the day, with Northbound Stock Connect flows totalling 4.257 billion yuan ($658.53 million) by midday. ** Chinese H-shares listed in Hong Kong rose 2.15% to 10,159.95, while the Hang Seng Index was up 1.86% at 28,027.48. ** Tech firms in Hong Kong drove gains, with the Hang Seng Tech index rising 2.72%. ** Tencent Holdings Ltd jumped 5.05% after China's antitrust regulator on Tuesday approved its plan to take the country's no.3 search engine Sogou Inc private in a $3.5 billion deal. ** The smaller Shenzhen index was down 0.14%, the start-up board ChiNext Composite index was weaker by 1% and Shanghai's tech-focused STAR50 index was down 1.07%. ** The yuan was quoted at 6.465 per U.S. dollar, 0.17% firmer than the previous close of 6.4762. (Reporting by Andrew Galbraith; Editing by Shailesh Kuber)


ę Reuters 2021
Latest news "Economy & Forex"
08:12aAMANCIO ORTEGA : Inditex founder's daughter to chair company, new CEO named
RE
08:10aBritain's TSB axes a quarter of its branches
RE
08:10aOIL POSITIONS AND PRICES BACK TO NEUTRAL AFTER OMICRON-TRIGGERED FLASH CRASH : Kemp
RE
08:09aPowell, Yellen head to Congress as inflation, variant risks rise
RE
08:07aIndia's top carmaker flags drop in Dec output on chip crunch
RE
08:05aBritain mirrors EU move to ease rules on broker research
RE
08:01aMINISTRY OF FINANCE OF REPUBLIC OF INDIA : Data on beneficiaries under Atal Pension Yojana
PU
08:00aCHINA'S COAL CRUNCH IS OVER, BUT PRICES ARE STILL TOO HIGH : Russell
RE
07:57aEuro on track for biggest three-day rising streak of 2021
RE
07:57aUkraine to seek new IMF loan programme after June, PM says
RE
Latest news "Economy & Forex"