McDonald's, AIA Group, Softbank, Infineon, Simon Property, DiaSorin, ICA Gruppen, Beyond Meat and Neoen are among companies posting their results today.
A few results:
- Berkshire Hathaway: Q3 results were down by a third to $5.48 billion, but net income rose sharply thanks to the rise in equity markets. The company bought back $16 billion of its own shares in 2020.
- Infineon: the group expects revenues of $10.5 billion for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2021, representing strong growth of 22.6%. The consensus is $10.48 billion.
- McDonald’s reported higher than expected quarterly sales and earnings, thanks in particular to a sharp increase in orders for delivery. The share price rose 5% ahead of the stock market
- Mazda: the automaker was in deficit in the past quarter, but is maintaining its annual forecast thanks to a recovery in North America.
- Softbank: on first reading, quarterly results are well above expectations.
In other news:
- Pfizer and BioNtech announce very promising initial Phase III results for their vaccine candidate Covid-19.
- Goldman Sachs will transfer $40-60 billion of assets from London to Frankfurt because of Brexit.
- Apple and Sony are reportedly discussing a takeover of Wondery, according to Bloomberg.
- Apple is suspending all new business with Taiwan's Pegatron on suspicion of labor law violations, with the supplier acknowledging problems but stating that swift action has been taken to remedy them.
- Traton buys back Navistar shares it does not own at $44.50 per share.
- Permira and Triton are reportedly eyeing Reebok, which Adidas is offering for sale, according to the Financial Times.
- Canada stands ready to fly to the rescue of Air Canada.
- GardaWorld extends its hostile takeover bid for G4S to GBp 190 on November 28.
- Take-Two offers to buy Codemasters for GBp 485 in cash and shares, a price that seduces the British board of directors.
- EQT is preparing the IPO of software publisher SUSE, for a valuation that could reach $6 billion.
- Biogen suffers a setback before the FDA panel with aducanumab for Alzheimer's disease.
- Nestlé takes control of British company Mindful Chef.
- Sika strengthens its production capacities in France.
- Ypsomed cooperates with Lonza and Schott.