Key earnings releases. Nvidia, Pinduoduo, Xiaomi, Snowflake, Bank of Montreal, SSE Plc, Intertek, Marks and Spencer, LDC, Ypsomed...
- The United States sues Amazon for abuse of dominant position in online commerce.
- Volkswagen has received a €7.5bn bid from Quantum and Centricus funds for Lamborghini, according to Autocar.
- Sony is to invest more than $18bn over three years, particularly in its services business, to prepare for future growth.
- AstraZeneca is issuing $7 billion in bonds in six tranches. Meanwhile, the British antitrust authorities are looking into the takeover of Alexion.
- Aston Martin shareholders lash out over executive pay and diversity.
- Carlyle to buy Vectura at GBp 155 per share.
- Electronic Arts CEO Larry Probst to step down in August.
- Temenos to equip Canadian online bank Saven.
- Strike calls at two of BHP's Chilean copper mines.