Having worked in the British, French and Swiss financial press, Romain is able to report on local and international issues, as comfortable in French as in the language of Shakespeare, Romain Fournier leads the editorial team at Marketscreener. Fine connoisseur of the English-speaking markets, Romain delivers an editorial every day on US and UK markets.
Global markets live: Carlsberg, Novavax, Micron, Snap, Tesla...
Everyday, the MarketScreener team selects the most important news about listed companies across the globe. Here is a short recap for your convenience. (The list is updated during the day):
- Banque Cantonale de Genève: The bank achieved record results in H1.
- Carlsberg: The Danish brewer has raised its 2022 forecast after a very good start to the summer.
- Dufry: The duty free operator returned to profit in H1. It continues to prepare its marriage with Italian Autogrill.
- Novavax: The share price fell by more than 30% after disappointing results and reduced targets.
- Softbank: The stock loses 8% during the session after the publication yesterday of its quarterly results, which were heavily negative.
- Micron Technology - The computer memory maker said Tuesday that it expects to report negative free cash flow in the first quarter of its next fiscal year and that its current-quarter revenue may be below the bottom of the guidance range given on June 30 ($7.2 billion plus or minus $400 million).
- Ralph Lauren reported better-than-expected quarterly sales despite high inflation.
- Spirit gained 1% in premarket trading after reporting better-than-expected second-quarter results on increased flight volumes.
- Take-Two - The video game publisher's stock was down nearly 7% in after-hours trading Monday after it reported quarterly earnings, saying it expected full-year sales to be below market consensus.
- Capri Holdings - The group that owns Michael Kors and Versace, among others, reported better-than-expected quarterly results on Tuesday.
- American International Group - The insurer reported a better-than-expected quarterly profit on Monday evening, as higher sales offset a decline in the performance of its investment portfolio.
In other news:
- Sofi Technologies - The Japanese conglomerate SoftBank announced its intention to sell its stake in the US online bank.
- The US government authorized the resumption of deliveries of The Boeing Company's B787.
- Berkshire Hathaway raises its stake in Occidental Petroleum to 20.2%.
- Snap is expected to launch a layoff plan, according to The Verge.
- Tesla - The electric car maker sold 28,217 vehicles assembled in China in July, just over a third of the volume delivered in June, as upgrades to its production lines to increase their capacity required them to be shut down for several days.
- Occidental Petroleum – Berkshire Hathaway, the group led by Warren Buffett, announced on Monday evening that it had again increased its stake in the oil company and now owns more than 20%.
Today’s main earnings reports: National Australia Bank, Emerson Electric, Sysco, Alcon, Munich Re, Roblox, GlobalFoundries, Coinbase, Continental, Intercontinental Hotels... All the agenda is here.
© MarketScreener.com 2022