- Cisco: The stock dropped after fiscal Q4 guidance comes in well below expectations.
- easyJet: Half-year loss reached 545 MGBP, in line with expectations.
- Tencent: The stock was losing ground in Hong Kong after the release of disappointing quarterly results.
- Kohl's, which is seeking a buyer under pressure from activist investors, lowered its annual profit target due to the heavier-than-expected impact of rising transportation and labor costs.
In other news:
- BBVA invests $1.4bn to take 36% of Turkish Garanti.
- The British antitrust authorities are skeptical about the merger between Veolia and Suez.
- Société Générale has finalized the sale of its Russian assets, including Rosbank, to Interros Capital.
- L'Oréal is buying Byredo perfumes from the Manzanita Capital fund, for about €1 billion.
- A new complaint has been filed against Credit Suisse in the wiretapping case.
- Green light from the Comco for the merger between Burkhalter and Poenina.
- International Consolidated Airlines orders 50 B737MAX from The Boeing Company.
- Brookfield will buy Homeserve at GBp 1200 per share.
- Sercel (CGG) acquires geocomp, a leading provider of infrastructure monitoring services in the US.
- Under Armour announced Wednesday the resignation of its chief executive Patrik Frisk, who will be temporarily replaced by Colin Browne, currently chief operating officer.
- Carvana's license to sell vehicles in Illinois is suspended.
- Sika acquires US company United Gilsonite Laboratories.
- DKSH acquires Italian Victa Food.
- Calida acquires high-end lingerie brand Cosabella.
- Spirit Airlines - The airline's board of directors urged its shareholders to reject the unsolicited offer from JetBlue Airways
- The Boeing Company - Britain's IAG announced Thursday that it has agreed to order 50 737 MAX aircraft from Boeing, to be delivered between 2023 and 2027.
- Ford on Thursday announced a recall of 39,000 2021 Expedition and Lincoln Navigator SUVs, with the automaker warning of an engine compartment fire hazard.
Main earnings reports today: Applied Materials, National Grid, Palo Alto Networks, Xiaomi, Assicurazioni Generali, Julius Bär, Embracer, Ackermans, Eurazeo...