- Logitech: quarterly sales fall by 22% to $1.27bn.
- Swatch Group: operating profit 2022 reaches CHF 1.16bn, slightly less than expected.
- General Electric warned Tuesday of lower-than-expected adjusted earnings for 2023, as the group continues to be hurt by difficulties at its renewable energy division. General Electric shares were down 1% in pre-market trading.
- Johnson & Johnson said Tuesday it expects higher-than-expected annual profit for 2023, as the pharmaceutical company expects solid demand for its products and a recovery in its medical equipment business.
- Verizon Communications lost more than 2% in pre-market trading as the telecom operator's annual profit forecast missed market expectations as mobile subscriber growth slowed and heavy investments in 5G technology were made.
- Lockheed Martin - The U.S. defense group reported better-than-expected quarterly results Tuesday but forecast lower-than-expected 2023 profit, hurt by supply issues and higher costs.
- Aerospace and defense specialist Raytheon Technologies reported a fourth-quarter profit above expectations, helped by strong demand for its jet engines, parts and services
- Halliburton reported better-than-expected fourth-quarter results Tuesday as high oil prices supported its drilling business and demand for drilling equipment and services.
In other news:
- Ford wants to cut up to 3,200 jobs in Europe, according to IG Metall.
- The U.S. Department of Justice is close to charging Google with abuse of dominance in the online advertising market, according to Bloomberg.
- Xylem will buy Evoqua in a $7.5 billion all-stock deal.
- Sandoz (Novartis) plans to buy the rights to Mycamine from Astellas.
- Holcim buys fiberglass business in the US.
- Musk assures in court that he had the funding to take Tesla off the stock market in 2018.
- Intel appoints Frank Yeary as chairman of the board.
- 3M - The industrial conglomerate said it will cut 2,500 jobs after reporting a drop in quarterly profit, hurt by a charge related to the discontinuation of perfluoroalkyl substances production and slowing demand that weighed on its revenue.
- AmerisourceBergen pharmaceutical group plans to rebrand itself as Cencora as part of its international expansion beyond drug distribution.
- Intel announced Monday the resignation of its president Omar Ishrak and the appointment of Frank Yeary to replace him.
- Ford is expected to decide by mid-February how many jobs will be cut in Europe, a spokesman for German union IG Metall said Tuesday.
- Capri - The U.S. luxury group on Monday named Cedric Wilmotte as chief executive of the Michael Kors brand.
- Blackstone is in discussions to sell about half of its stake in India's largest real estate investment trust Embassy Office Parks to Bain Capital, sources said, in a deal worth up to $480 million. In addition, JP Morgan is raising its recommendation to "overweight" from "neutral."
Main earnings reports today: Microsoft, Johnson & Johnson, Danaher, Verizon, Texas Instruments, Raytheon, General Electric, Nidec, Samsung SDI, Eiffage... All the agenda is here.