Having worked in the British, French and Swiss financial press, Romain is able to report on local and international issues, as comfortable in French as in the language of Shakespeare, Romain Fournier leads the editorial team at Marketscreener. Fine connoisseur of the English-speaking markets, Romain delivers an editorial every day on US and UK markets.
Global markets live: General Electric, Tesla, Apple, Salesforce, Boeing...
Every day, the MarketScreener team selects the most important news about listed companies around the world. Here is a short recap for your convenience:
- Abrdn, Beazley and The Weir Group enter the FTSE 100.
- General Electric, Textron and L3Harris are said to be among the contenders for Aerojet.
- Heineken confirms its 2022 and 2023 forecasts and will raise the price of its beer.
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise is reportedly eyeing Nutanix, according to Bloomberg.
- With Semi, Tesla wants to enter the emerging electric truck market. Tesla will also release software updates for more than 435,000 vehicles in China to correct a problem with side marker lights that could, under extreme circumstances, lead to a crash, Chinese authorities announced.
- Under pressure from Apple, Taiwan Semiconductor is expected to produce more advanced chips in the US.
- Skoda (Volkswagen) will advance the launch of three electric models to 2026.
- Salesforce co-CEO Bret Taylor will step down in January.
- Boeing could land a deal on U.S. certification of the B737Max.
- Kroger, on the strength of demand, raised its annual sales and like-for-like profit forecasts, sending the retail group's stock up 4.5% in pre-market trading.
- Johnson & Johnson announced that its chief executive officer, Joaquin Duato, will additionally serve as chairman of the board of directors starting in January.
Top earnings reports today: The Toronto-Dominion Bank, Bank of Montreal, Dollar General, Kroger, Marvell, Ulta Beauty... All the agenda is here.
ę MarketScreener.com 2022