Having worked in the British, French and Swiss financial press, Romain is able to report on local and international issues, as comfortable in French as in the language of Shakespeare, Romain Fournier leads the editorial team at Marketscreener. Fine connoisseur of the English-speaking markets, Romain delivers an editorial every day on US and UK markets.
Global markets live: Glencore, Starbucks, Apple, Lyft, Intuit...
Every day, the MarketScreener team selects the most important news about listed companies around the world. Here is a short recap for your convenience:
- French energy group TotalEnergies acquired 50% of Clearway, the 5th largest renewable energy company in the US. The deal is being structured in cash and SunPower shares, on the basis of USD 35.10 per Clearway Energy share (a subsidiary of Cleanway) and USD 18 per SunPower share.
- Glencore agrees to pay $1.5 billion to settle investigations into bribery and market manipulation.
- Centrica and Johnson Matthey will enter the FTSE100 at the expense of ITV and Royal Mail.
- French carmaker Stellantis and Samsung SDI confirm the construction of a $2.5 billion joint venture battery plant in Indiana.
- Japanese sovereign wealth fund JIC is reportedly exploring a potential bid for Toshiba, according to Bloomberg.
- Cofinimmo will sell 3 office buildings in the decentralized area of Brussels.
- Alcon is issuing €500 million in bonds.
- Starbucks will sell its juice brand to Bolthouse Farms.
- Nike has not renewed its contracts with its main franchisee in Russia, the daily Vedomosti reported Wednesday.
- Apple has asked its suppliers to speed up the development of future versions of the iPhone after delays caused by strict lockdown measures decided in recent months by Chinese authorities, Nikkei reports.
- Pfizer will sell all of its patented drugs, including Paxlovid for COVID-19 and its blockbuster breast cancer treatment Ibrance, in 45 of the world's poorest countries at cost..
- Amazon is holding its annual general meeting this Wednesday, during which its shareholders will have to vote on an unprecedented 14 resolutions questioning its commercial, social and environmental practices.
- Nordstrom - The department store chain raised its annual revenue and profit forecasts.
- Wendy's - Activist investor Nelson Peltz, the fast-food chain's largest shareholder, said Tuesday he is considering a takeover bid.
- Lyft announced on Tuesday a sharp slowdown in hiring and said it is considering cutting expenses in some of its operations to limit cost increases.
- Intuit advanced 2% in premarket trading as the accounting software company raised its guidance, saying it was not affected by the deteriorating economic environment and concerns about inflation.
- Clearway Energy, Sunpower - The two stocks gained 6.5% and 7.8% respectively in pre-market trading after TotalEnergies announced that it would buy 50% of Clearway's parent company from Global Infrastructure Partners (GIP), which will become a 50% minus one shareholder in SunPower's parent company, controlled by the French group.
- Toll Brothers - The residential construction group reported a quarterly profit above the Refinitiv consensus.
- Main earnings reports today: Nvidia, Snowflake, SSE, Raymond James, Intertek, LDC...
© MarketScreener.com 2022