Main earnings reports: Sony, General Motors, Softbank, Ford, Booking, Uber Technologies...
- Victoria's Secret's shares soar after it separated from its parent company, L Brands.
- Boeing postpones a space test flight to the ISS.
- Toyota beats expectations, profit hits $9.2 billion in Q1.
- Activision Blizzard reshuffles its management amid harassment accusations.
- Amgen says pandemic effects are fading on drug sales.
- Nuvei acquires Mazooma to expand its portfolio of payment options in North America.
- Novartis signs a distribution agreement with Korea's Yuyu.
- Apple is working with more Chinese suppliers to produce its latest iPhones.
- The FDA is expected to approve Pfizer and BioNtech's Covid-19 vaccine in September.
- Commerzbank reports a net loss of 527 million euros in Q2.
- CVS Health reported a 6.5 percent drop in quarterly profit Wednesday, driven by higher medical costs.
- Activision Blizzard expects adjusted revenue for the current quarter to be above market expectations, betting on strong demand for its "Call of Duty" and "Candy Crush" franchises, the company announced Tuesday night.
- Lockheed Martin said Tuesday it is searching for a new chief financial officer after Kenneth Possenriede resigned for personal reasons.
- Lyft posted an adjusted quarterly profit three months ahead of target, but still warned of a chip shortage and the spread of the Delta variant.
- Occidental Petroleum reported an adjusted profit in the second quarter after posting a loss in the previous quarter, supported by higher crude prices, easing of travel restrictions and increased COVID-19 vaccination.
- UnitedHealth - The U.S. Department of Justice is considering a possible lawsuit to block the deal to buy Change Healthcare for nearly $8 billion, The Information reported.