Having worked in the British, French and Swiss financial press, Romain is able to report on local and international issues, as comfortable in French as in the language of Shakespeare, Romain Fournier leads the editorial team at Marketscreener. Fine connoisseur of the English-speaking markets, Romain delivers an editorial every day on US and UK markets.
Global markets live: Toshiba, Foxconn, Coinbase, Tesla, Meta...
Everyday, the MarketScreener team selects the most important news about listed companies across the world. Here is a short recap for your convenience (The list is updated during the day):
- ABN Amro: Quarterly results were better than expected, despite the bank's cost increases.
- Ahold Delhaize: Bol's proposed IPO is delayed. The retailer raised its earnings per share and free cash flow forecasts.
- Alcon: The group reduces its 2022 forecast.
- Evonik: The German chemical company posted Q2 Ebitda of €728M, slightly higher than consensus expectations.
- Honda: The automaker reported a 9% drop in fiscal Q1 profit, but beat estimates.
- Toshiba: The Japanese company posted a surprise quarterly operating loss due to higher material costs.
- Vestas: The wind turbine maker reports lower than expected Q2 results.
- Foxconn, one of Apple's main suppliers, issued a cautious forecast for the current quarter on Wednesday, citing a slowdown in smartphone demand.
- In addition, Bofa Global Research has added Meta to its "US 1 list" of U.S. stocks it recommends to its clients and removed Alphabet.
- Coinbase - The cryptocurrency exchange reported a larger-than-expected quarterly loss on Tuesday, the result of a more than 50 percent drop in trading volumes, a decline the company expects to continue in the current quarter.
- Roblox - The online video game group reported lower than expected quarterly results on Tuesday.
- SoftBank announced plans to reduce its stake in Chinese online retail giant Alibaba from 23.7% to 14.6%.
- Wendy's reported same-store sales growth in the U.S. below market expectations due to inflation.
In other news:
- Tesla - Elon Musk, the chief executive of the electric vehicle maker, sold $6.9 billion worth of shares, explaining that the proceeds could partially fund a deal with Twitter at the end of ongoing legal proceedings.
- Ferrovial is considering options for its 25% stake in Heathrow Airport.
- Sika's acquisition of MBCC is delayed after UK investigation.
- Taiwan wants Foxconn to divest its stake in China's Tsinghua.
- Meta Platforms announced Tuesday night that it had raised $10 billion in its first-ever bond issue, a move that will allow it to finance share buybacks and new investments, among other things.
- Bone Therapeutics merges with Medsenic.
Main earnings reports today: Walt Disney Company, Hon Hai Precision, Honda Motor, Coupang, Prudential, Ahold Delhaize, Vestas, Genmab, Fujifilm, Evonik, ABN Amro... All the agenda is here.
© MarketScreener.com 2022