Having worked in the British, French and Swiss financial press, Romain is able to report on local and international issues, as comfortable in French as in the language of Shakespeare, Romain Fournier leads the editorial team at Marketscreener. Fine connoisseur of the English-speaking markets, Romain delivers an editorial every day on US and UK markets.
Global markets live: Veolia, Meta, Amazon, Salesforce, Target...
Everyday, the MarketScreener team selects the most important news about listed companies around the world. Here is a short recap for your convenience:
- Veolia announced an agreement to sell Vigie's UK waste business to Suez, which exercised its option to recover the assets at the expense of Macquarie.
- The UK CMA gave the green light to Saint-Gobain's acquisition of GCP.
- Credit Suisse plans to split its investment bank into three, according to the FT.
- Novartis is presenting its mid-term plan today.
- Meta Platforms wants to reduce its costs by 10% in the coming months, according to the Wall Street Journal. In addition, the group has been ordered to pay $174.5 million to Voxer for patent infringement.
- Holcim is finalizing the acquisition of Belgian Cantillana.
- JD Sports Fashion remains cautious after a drop in profits.
- DKSH acquires American Terra Firma.
- Cofinimmo to expand its healthcare real estate portfolio in Galicia and Tenerife.
- The Bank of Italy has given the green light to the acquisition of Atlantia by the Benetton family and the American fund Blackstone.
- Tesla has issued a recall of nearly 1.1 million vehicles sold in the U.S. because of a software problem with the window system, according to the U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
- Amazon, Microsoft, Alphabet - British media regulator Ofcom said Thursday it is investigating competition in cloud services dominated by the three U.S. groups, which account for about 81 percent of the industry's revenue.
- Salesforce jumped 16% in premarket trading as the software company said Wednesday at an investor day that it expects revenue to reach $50 billion by 2026, representing annual growth of 17%.
- Accenture lost 2% in premarket trading after the IT services consulting firm issued a lower-than-expected revenue guidance range for the fiscal first quarter.
- United Airlines said Wednesday it is working on resuming flights to Cuba later this year, which have been suspended since March 2020 due to the Covid-19 outbreak.
- Target said Thursday it plans to hire up to 100,000 seasonal workers for the holiday season and wants to bring forward the launch of its promotional offers compared to the schedule of previous years amid the economic downturn.
- Pfizer announced Thursday that it plans to deliver up to six million doses of its COVID-19 antiviral treatment to the Global Fund, a Swiss NGO that seeks to address disparities between rich and poor countries in the fight against the pandemic.
- Spero Therapeutics jumped 96% in pre-market trading after the British laboratory GSK announced that it had taken an equity stake in the company as part of a licensing agreement for its experimental antibiotic for complicated urinary tract infections.
- KB Home - The company's stock is down 2% in premarket trading after reporting lower-than-expected quarterly sales.
© MarketScreener.com 2022