Feb 15 (Reuters) - Sri Lankan shares ended lower on Monday,
weighed down by losses in consumer staples and financial stocks.
* The benchmark stock index fell 0.97% to 7,907.27 at
the end of the trading session after having closed 5.1% firmer
* The Sri Lankan rupee was last quoted at 194
against the U.S. dollar, as of 1107 GMT.
* Trading volume on the CSE All Share Index fell to
134.5 million from 184.8 million in the previous session.
* Conglomerate Melstacorp slumped 12% to be the
biggest drag in the index, followed by a 6.7% decline in shares
of Browns Investment.
* Real estate development firm York Arcade Holdings
, which was the biggest percentage loser, shed nearly
* Foreign investors were net sellers, off-loading 213.2
million Sri Lankan rupees ($1.10 million) worth of shares,
according to exchange data.
* Equity market turnover was 6.01 billion Sri Lankan rupees,
* For a report on global markets, click
* For a report on major currencies, click <FRX/
($1 = 194.0000 Sri Lankan rupees)
(Reporting by Philip George in Bengaluru)