* The Toronto Stock Exchange's TSX rises 0.17 percent to 19,507.05
* Leading the index were Centerra Gold Inc , up 8.1%, Aurinia Pharmaceuticals Inc, up 6.3%, and Ballard Power Systems Inc, higher by 6%.
* Lagging shares were Ritchie Bros Auctioneers Inc, down 2.8%, Vermilion Energy Inc, down 2.7%, and Prairiesky Royalty Ltd, lower by 2.7%.
* On the TSX 121 issues rose and 102 fell as a 1.2-to-1 ratio favored advancers. There were 24 new highs and 1 new low, with total volume of 203.1 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Manulife Financial Corp, Enbridge Inc and Sun Life Financial Inc.
* The TSX's energy group fell 1.35 points, or 1.0%, while the financials sector climbed 0.27 points, or 0.1%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures fell 1.48%, or $0.98, to $65.29 a barrel. Brent crude fell 1.45%, or $1.01, to $68.45 [O/R]
* The TSX is up 11.9% for the year.
This summary was machine generated May 18 at 21:03 GMT.