* The Toronto Stock Exchange's TSX rises 0.24 percent to 20,049.47
* Leading the index were Denison Mines Corp , up 6.9%, Transcontinental Inc, up 6.4%, and New Gold Inc, higher by 5.6%.
* Lagging shares were AcuityAds Holdings Inc, down 8.4%, BlackBerry Ltd, down 8.1%, and Tilray Inc, lower by 6.8%.
* On the TSX 148 issues rose and 80 fell as a 1.9-to-1 ratio favored advancers. There were 31 new highs and no new lows, with total volume of 214.0 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Canadian Natural Resources Ltd, Suncor Energy Inc and Blackberry Ltd.
* The TSX's energy group rose 0.46 points, or 0.3%, while the financials sector slipped 0.89 points, or 0.2%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures rose 0.19%, or $0.13, to $70.09 a barrel. Brent crude rose 0.15%, or $0.11, to $72.33 [O/R]
* The TSX is up 15% for the year.
This summary was machine generated June 10 at 21:03 GMT.