* The Toronto Stock Exchange's TSX rises 0.94 percent to 19,472.74
* Leading the index were OceanaGold Corp , up 17.7%, Tilray Inc, up 14.4%, and OrganiGram Holdings Inc, higher by 12.4%.
* Lagging shares were Centerra Gold Inc, down 30.0%, Aurinia Pharmaceuticals Inc, down 18.2%, and NFI Group Inc, lower by 4.0%.
* On the TSX 180 issues rose and 49 fell as a 3.7-to-1 ratio favored advancers. There were 45 new highs and 2 new lows, with total volume of 249.4 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Manulife Financial Corp, Enbridge Inc and Suncor Energy Inc.
* The TSX's energy group rose 2.06 points, or 1.6%, while the financials sector climbed 1.35 points, or 0.4%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures rose 0.17%, or $0.11, to $64.82 a barrel. Brent crude rose 0.15%, or $0.1, to $68.19.
* The TSX is up 11.7% for the year.
This summary was machine generated May 7 at 21:03 GMT.