Press ReleaseThalwil, Switzerland - March 14, 2018 -
u-blox (SIX:UBXN), a global leader in wireless and positioning technologies, today announced its financial results for 2017.
u?blox achieved solid top?line and bottom?line growth:
- Consolidated revenue of u?blox was CHF 403.7 million in 2017, a growth of 12.1% as compared to 2016.
- Gross profit improved from CHF 167.1 million to CHF 184.0 million, with a continued strong gross profit margin of 45.6% in 2017.
- Operating profit (EBIT) adjusted increased from CHF 69.8 million to CHF 78.0 million, a growth of 11.8% as compared to 2016.
- EBITDA adjusted margin of 24.2%, EBIT margin adjusted of 19.3%.
- Operating profit (EBIT) increased from CHF 59.0 million to CHF 65.1 million, a growth of 10.3% as compared to 2016.
- EBITDA margin of 21.6%, EBIT margin of 16.1%.
- Net profit adjusted increased by 5.1% from CHF 54.8 million to CHF 57.6 million, representing a 14.3% net profit margin for 2017.
- Net profit increased by 11.0% from CHF 46.2 million to CHF 51.3 million, representing a 12.7% net profit margin for 2017.
- Net cash generated from operating activities was CHF 60.5 million, representing 15.0% of revenue.
- Healthy balance sheet with a high equity ratio of 60.7%.
Video summary: https://www.u-blox.com/en/shareholder-letter
Annual report: https://www.u-blox.com/en/report
Entire press release: https://www.u-blox.com/en/investor-news/financial-results-2017
u?blox (SIX:UBXN) is a global provider of leading positioning and wireless communication technologies for the automotive, industrial, and consumer markets. Their solutions let people, vehicles, and machines determine their precise position and communicate wirelessly over cellular and short range networks. With a broad portfolio of chips, modules, and a growing ecosystem of product supporting data services, u-blox is uniquely positioned to empower its customers to develop innovative solutions for the Internet of Things, quickly and cost-effectively. With headquarters in Thalwil, Switzerland, the company is globally present with offices in Europe, Asia, and the USA.
Find us on Facebook
, Twitter @ublox
Thomas Seiler, Chief Executive Officer
Phone: +41 44 722 74 22
Roland Jud, Chief Financial Officer
Phone: +41 44 722 74 25
E?mail: email@example.comFinancial calendar
Annual general meeting: April 24, 2018
Half year results 2018: August 24, 2018 Analyst day 2018: November 21, 2018Disclaimer
This release contains certain forward?looking statements. Such forward?looking statements reflect the current views of management and are subject to known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause actual results, performance or achievements of the u?blox Group to differ materially from those expressed or implied. These include risks related to the success of and demand for the Group's products, the potential for the Group's products to become obsolete, the Group's ability to defend its intellectual property, the Group's ability to develop and commercialize new products in a timely manner, the dynamic and competitive environment in which the Group operates, the regulatory environment, changes in currency exchange rates, the Group's ability to generate revenues and profitability, and the Group's ability to realize its expansion projects in a timely manner. Should one or more of these risks or uncertainties materialize, or should underlying assumptions prove incorrect, actual results may vary materially from those described in this report. u?blox is providing the information in this release as of this date and does not undertake any obligation to update any forward?looking statements contained in it as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
This press release is published in German and English. Should the German translation differ from the English original, the English version is binding.u?blox AG
Phone +41 44 722 74 44
Fax +41 44 722 74 firstname.lastname@example.org?blox.com
14.03.2018 Dissemination of a Corporate News, transmitted by DGAP - a service of EQS Group AG.
The issuer is solely responsible for the content of this announcement.
The DGAP Distribution Services include Regulatory Announcements, Financial/Corporate News and Press Releases.
Archive at www.dgap.de