* The Toronto Stock Exchange's TSX falls 0.56 percent to 16,121.38
* Leading the index were Canada Goose Holdings Inc , up 7.6%, Lundin Mining Corp , up 5.2%, and Ero Copper Corp , higher by 4.9%.
* Lagging shares were OceanaGold Corp , down 9.3%, Osisko Mining Inc, down 3.6%, and Inter Pipeline Ltd, lower by 3.6%.
* On the TSX 75 issues rose and 142 fell as a 0.5-to-1 ratio favored decliners. There were 7 new highs and no new lows, with total volume of 260.8 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Bank Of Nova Scotia , Enbridge Inc and Kinross Gold Corp.
* The TSX's energy group fell 0.61 points, or 0.9%, while the financials sector slipped 0.56 points, or 0.2%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures rose 1.45%, or $0.57, to $39.86 a barrel. Brent crude fell 0.19%, or $0.08, to $40.95 [O/R]
* The TSX is off 5.5% for the year.