* The Toronto Stock Exchange's TSX rises 0.60 percent to 18,490.76
* Leading the index were Mullen Group Ltd , up 8.0%, Sprott Inc, up 6.5%, and Ero Copper Corp, higher by 5.4%.
* Lagging shares were Lightspeed POS Inc, down 7.4%, Ballard Power Systems Inc, down 5.5%, and Hudbay Minerals Inc, lower by 4.3%.
* On the TSX 138 issues rose and 79 fell as a 1.7-to-1 ratio favored advancers. There were 36 new highs and no new lows, with total volume of 198.4 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Suncor Energy Inc, Air Canada and Cenovus Energy Inc.
* The TSX's energy group fell 0.89 points, or 0.7%, while the financials sector climbed 5.15 points, or 1.5%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures fell 2.13%, or $1.41, to $64.68 a barrel. Brent crude fell 2.06%, or $1.43, to $67.93 [O/R]
* The TSX is up 6.1% for the year.