* The Toronto Stock Exchange's TSX rises 0.66 percent to 16,626.64
* Leading the index were NFI Group Inc , up 6.8%, Methanex Corp , up 6.5%, and Sleep Country Canada Holdings Inc , higher by 6.1%.
* Lagging shares were Aurinia Pharmaceuticals Inc , down 6.3%, Real Matters Inc , down 4.1%, and Enghouse Systems Ltd, lower by 2.9%.
* On the TSX 136 issues rose and 83 fell as a 1.6-to-1 ratio favored advancers. There were 10 new highs and no new lows, with total volume of 182.9 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Suncor Energy Inc , Air Canada and Manulife Financial Corp.
* The TSX's energy group rose 3.43 points, or 4.3%, while the financials sector climbed 4.51 points, or 1.7%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures rose 0.12%, or $0.05, to $42.39 a barrel. Brent crude rose 1.51%, or $0.67, to $45.01 [O/R]
* The TSX is off 2.6% for the year.