* The Toronto Stock Exchange's TSX rises 0.85 percent to 16,360.14
* Leading the index were MAG Silver Corp , up 10.0%, OceanaGold Corp , up 9.5%, and Torex Gold Resources Inc , higher by 9.4%.
* Lagging shares were Crescent Point Energy Corp , down 3.8%, Enghouse Systems Ltd, down 3.7%, and MEG Energy Corp , lower by 3.7%.
* On the TSX 161 issues rose and 58 fell as a 2.8-to-1 ratio favored advancers. There were 7 new highs and no new lows, with total volume of 231.8 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Suncor Energy Inc , Toronto-dominion Bank and Canadian Natural Resources Ltd.
* The TSX's energy group fell 0.43 points, or 0.6%, while the financials sector climbed 1.20 points, or 0.4%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures fell 0.19%, or $0.07, to $37.26 a barrel. Brent crude fell 0.55%, or $0.22, to $39.61 [O/R]
* The TSX is off 4.1% for the year.