Log in
E-mail
Password
Remember
Forgot password ?
Become a member for free
Sign up
Sign up
New member
Sign up for FREE
New customer
Discover our services
Settings
Settings
Dynamic quotes 
OFFON

MarketScreener Homepage  >  Equities  >  Euronext Paris  >  Airbus SE    AIR   NL0000235190

AIRBUS SE

(AIR)
  Report
SummaryQuotesChartsNewsRatingsCalendarCompanyFinancialsConsensusRevisions 
SummaryMost relevantAll NewsPress ReleasesOfficial PublicationsSector newsMarketScreener StrategiesAnalyst Recommendations

ST Engineering, Airbus JV to expand A321 freighter conversion program

10/27/2020 | 05:46am EST
FILE PHOTO: A logo of Airbus is seen at the entrance of its factory in Blagnac near Toulouse

SYDNEY (Reuters) - Singapore's ST Engineering and its joint venture with Airbus said they would set up new sites in China, Germany and the United States by 2023 to convert A321 passenger planes to freighters after the first one entered service with Qantas on Tuesday.

Singapore Technologies Engineering Ltd and its Elbe Flugzeugwerke GmbH (EFW) JV with Airbus SE plan to expand beyond Singapore allowing it to convert around 25 planes each year to meet rising demand for dedicated cargo aircraft, they said in a statement.

About half of the air cargo carried worldwide normally flies in the belly of passenger jets rather than in dedicated freighters. But pandemic-related flight cuts due to weak travel demand have squeezed air freight capacity.

"The completion of our first A321P2F is timely, as the program can help airlines breathe new life into underutilized aircraft, which would otherwise suffer a harder landing in their residual value," said Jeffrey Lam, president of ST Engineering's aerospace division.

Advisory firm Ishka says the market value of a 10-year-old A321 passenger plane has fallen by 16% to $21.5 million since January, while the monthly lease rate is down 33%.

The first A321 converted freighter is operated by Qantas Airways Ltd on behalf of Australia Post and includes a large main cargo door which is hydraulically actuated and electrically locked, the joint venture said.

ST Engineering owns 55% of EFW, while Airbus holds the remaining 45%.

(This story corrects to reflect ST Engineering and its EFW JV with Airbus considering expansion, not Airbus directly.)

(Reporting by Jamie Freed; editing by Jason Neely)


© Reuters 2020
Stocks mentioned in the article
ChangeLast1st jan.
AIRBUS SE 4.03% 95 Real-time Quote.-27.19%
QANTAS AIRWAYS LIMITED -1.08% 5.49 End-of-day quote.-22.78%
SINGAPORE TECHNOLOGIES ENGINEERING LTD -0.26% 3.9 End-of-day quote.-1.02%
All news about AIRBUS SE
12/03Ryanair buys 75 Boeing MAX jets in largest order since grounding
RE
12/03Ryanair buys 75 Boeing MAX jets in largest order since grounding
RE
12/03Airbus to Deliver Radar Instrument to Thales Alenia Space
DJ
12/03AIRBUS : to deliver radar instrument for new Copernicus ROSE-L mission
PU
12/03AIRBUS : has been selected by Thales Alenia Space to build the advanced radar in..
PU
12/03AIRBUS : Zephyr, Solar High Altitude Platform Station (HAPS) concludes a success..
PU
12/03AIRBUS : Defence and Space has successfully completed a new test flight campaign..
PU
12/03Wizz Air adds Cardiff base in hope of Med holiday demand rebound
RE
12/03AIRBUS : Familiarising students with the latest Airbus aircraft technology and m..
PU
12/02Boeing gets 737 MAX order boost from Ryanair - sources
RE
More news
Financials
Sales 2020 45 941 M 55 836 M 55 836 M
Net income 2020 -1 726 M -2 098 M -2 098 M
Net cash 2020 1 441 M 1 752 M 1 752 M
P/E ratio 2020 -44,1x
Yield 2020 0,05%
Capitalization 74 419 M 90 424 M 90 449 M
EV / Sales 2020 1,59x
EV / Sales 2021 1,38x
Nbr of Employees 134 071
Free-Float 74,1%
Chart AIRBUS SE
Duration : Period :
Airbus SE Technical Analysis Chart | MarketScreener
Full-screen chart
Technical analysis trends AIRBUS SE
Short TermMid-TermLong Term
TrendsBullishBullishNeutral
Income Statement Evolution
Consensus
Sell
Buy
Mean consensus OUTPERFORM
Number of Analysts 24
Average target price 96,05 €
Last Close Price 95,00 €
Spread / Highest target 53,7%
Spread / Average Target 1,11%
Spread / Lowest Target -38,7%
EPS Revisions
Managers
NameTitle
Guillaume Faury Chief Executive Officer
René Richard Obermann Chairman
Michael Schöllhorn Chief Operating Officer
Dominik Asam Chief Financial Officer
Luc Hennekens Chief Information Officer
Sector and Competitors
1st jan.Capitalization (M$)
AIRBUS SE-27.19%90 424
THE BOEING COMPANY-31.28%126 370
TEXTRON INC.3.43%10 558
DASSAULT AVIATION-22.78%9 052
AVIC ELECTROMECHANICAL SYSTEMS CO.,LTD.52.45%6 432
AVICOPTER PLC12.43%4 919