-- French insurer AXA and Dutch lender ABN AMRO have chosen to sell their life-insurance joint venture Neuflize Vie to BNP Paribas Cardif, Les Echos reports, citing unnamed sources.

-- A deal could be valued at several hundred million euros and is yet to be finalized, Les Echos reports.

-- Neuflize Vie is part of private bank Neuflize OBC, which is owned by ABN AMRO. AXA France holds 40% of Neuflize Vie while Neuflize OBC has the remaining 60%.

-- AXA, ABN AMRO, Neuflize OBC and BNP Paribas didn't immediately respond to a request for comment from Dow Jones Newswires.

Full story in French: https://tinyurl.com/2amk3y85

Write to Elena Vardon at elena.vardon@wsj.com

(END) Dow Jones Newswires

05-14-24 0359ET