EXTRAORDINARY GENERAL MEETING TO BE HELD
ON JULY 30, 2021
The shareholders of BRASKEM S.A. ('Shareholders' and 'Company', respectively) are hereby called to meet an Extraordinary General Meeting, in an exclusively digital manner, pursuant to article 4, paragraph 2, item I, and article 21-C, paragraphs 2 and 3, of CVM Ruling No. 481, of December 17, 2009 ('CVM Ruling 481'), to be held on July 30, 2021, at 03:00 p.m., through digital platform Webex ('Digital Platform' and 'Meeting', respectively), to resolve upon the following Agenda:
1.To resolve upon the amendment and restatement of the Company's Bylaws, according to the changes contained in the Management Proposal, to transform the Compliance Committee into a Compliance and Audit Committee, set pursuant to the Bylaws.
Camaçari/BA, June 30, 2021.
José Mauro Mettrau Carneiro da Cunha
Chairman of the Board of Directors
1. The Management Proposal ('Proposal') encompassing all documentation related to the matter included in the Agenda, the other documents provided for in CVM Ruling No. 481, and other relevant information for the exercise of voting rights at the Meeting, were made available to the Company's Shareholders on this date, as provided for in CVM Ruling 481, and can be accessed through the websites of the Brazilian Securities and Exchange Commission ('CVM') (www.cvm.gov.br), of the Company (www.braskem-ri.com.br) and of B3 S.A. - Brasil, Bolsa, Balcão ('B3') (www.b3.com.br).
2. The Meeting shall be held in an exclusively digital manner, reason why the Shareholders may only participate via Digital Platform, in person or through an attorney-in-fact duly appointed pursuant to article 21-C, paragraphs 2 and 3 of CVM Ruling 481, in which case the Shareholders may: (i) simply take part in the Meeting, whether the Shareholders have sent in the Bulletin or not; or (ii) participate and vote at the Meeting.
3. There will be no remote voting (remote voting ballot) pursuant to IN CVM 481 for the purposes of the Meeting
4. Documents necessary to access the Digital Platform:
The Shareholders that wish to participate in the Meeting must send an e-mail email@example.com, with a request for confirmation of receipt, at least 2 days in advance of the date scheduled for the Meeting, that is, by July 28, 2021, the following documents: (i) evidence issued by the financial institution depositary of the book-entry shares held thereby, proving ownership of the shares at least 8 (eight) days prior to the Meeting; (ii) if the Shareholder is a legal entity, articles of incorporation, bylaws or articles of association, minutes of the Board of Directors' election (if any) and minutes of the Executive Board election that prove the powers of representation; (iii) if the Shareholder is an investment fund, the fund's regulation, together with the information referred to above in relation to its administrator or manager; (iv) additionally, in the case of representation of a Shareholder (individual, legal entity or investment fund) by proxy, the respective power of attorney, granted in compliance with article 126, paragraph 1, of Law 6,404/76; and (v) in relation to the Shareholders participating in the fungible custody of registered shares, a statement with the respective equity interest, issued by the competent body.
The access to the Digital Platform shall be forbidden for shareholders that do not submit the necessary participation documents within the deadline set herein, pursuant to article 5, paragraph 3, of CVM Ruling 481.
The Company explains that, exceptionally for this Meeting, the Company shall waive the sending of the physical counterparts a of the Shareholders' representation documents to the Company's offices, as well as the certification of the authenticity of the grantor's signature on the power of attorney for representation of the Shareholder, the notarization, the consularization, the annotation and the sworn translation of all of the Shareholder's representation documents, sufficing to send a simple copy of the original counterparts of said documents to the Company's e-mail stated above. The Company does not accept powers of attorney granted by Shareholders through electronic means (i.e., digitally signed powers of attorney without any digital certification).
5. Detailed information on the rules and procedures for participating and/or voting in the Meeting, including instructions regarding access to the Digital Platform are contained in the Manual for Shareholders' Participation in the Meeting, in the Company's Management Proposal and other documents available in the websites of the CVM (www.cvm.gov.br), of the Company (www.braskem-ri.com.br) and of B3 (www.b3.com.br).
* * * *
Braskem SA published this content on 30 June 2021 and is solely responsible for the information contained therein. Distributed by Public, unedited and unaltered, on 30 June 2021 10:20:56 UTC.