We are experiencing a revolution in the way we work and especially how we see work. This transformation, initially driven by the pandemic, brought a series of new possibilities - previously seen as distant, or even "impossible".
The new scenario changed everything: the way we relate to people, with our families, how to "go" to work, how to deliver tasks, how we create a harmony between our personal and professional life... There were many changes.
As well as a new way of working, as everyone knows, 100% virtual and 100% at home, Britvic's new administrative office in Brazil was also created in São Paulo. Our new office which opened in October 2020 has one key characteristic: its size. It is 50% smaller than the previous one with 99% open space. Without any barriers, bays or partitions - the remaining 1% are 5 meeting rooms with glass walls. The option to reduce space is a significant reflection of this new phase: it will no longer be necessary for the entire team to be physically in the office every day. We can have Britvickers anywhere in Brazil -or in the world, without the need to be in the same physical space every day, sometimes spending hours in traffic to get to the office. I'm happy to share with you that since last year, many work contracts have been changed from 100% in person to 100% home office. The result was very positive.
In addition to what I've said above, the environment will now be a place for internal or suppliers meetings, for interaction with the team, moments of creation and gatherings - we believe it is very important to have a place where there can be in person interactions and exchanges. This matters. To facilitate this exchange, beyond the whole new concept, the furniture has also changed: tables in strategic formats take centre stage so that everyone can interact, have ideas and discuss more openly. There are many places for interaction and joint creation... We also have spaces where the team can meet, help themselves to ice cream and discuss a project sitting in our informal seating areas. If they prefer, the team can sit at high tables located in our Premium area, and have a special coffee with Teisseire, a chilled London Essence or Britvic Tonic. Options to savour their stay at the office will not be lacking! Another interesting point is that in this office we don't have any printers. Yes, zero paper! Paper is outdated!
We were very excited to finally be able to open the doors for the team to enjoy this new environment on October 1st, 2021 when we officially opened the office to 40% of its capacity. Although attendance is completely optional, all are welcomed, and it is working well!
I conclude by saying that it is very interesting, and also challenging, to follow the current world's transformations and the speed at which this happens. We've already made our new office space more modern and collaborative and we know we're on the right path to offer a better place for people, for the environment and for Britvic.
Just like our new office, the new way we're working has changed so that all of us, no matter where we are, can enjoy more of life's everyday moments and in a better way!
Pedro Magalhaes | Managing Director Britvic Brazil
Britvic plc published this content on 20 October 2021 and is solely responsible for the information contained therein. Distributed by Public, unedited and unaltered, on 20 October 2021 11:50:03 UTC.