TORONTO, July 8, 2020 /CNW/ - Assante Wealth Management (Canada) Ltd. ("Assante") is pleased to announce that Tina Tehranchian, Senior Wealth Advisor in Richmond Hill, Ontario, is the first Canadian to be selected as Top Senior Wealth Advisor of the Year by the International Association of Top Professionals ("IAOTP").
"On behalf of our colleagues at Assante, I congratulate Tina on her well-earned recognition as a Top Senior Wealth Advisor with the IAOTP," said Sean Etherington, President of Assante. "Her impact on the community cannot go unmentioned as she's helped Canadians become more financially savvy and made extensive contributions to charitable causes – all while establishing herself as a trailblazer in finance, traditionally a male-dominated space."
The IAOTP names a select few members as Top Senior professionals in each discipline based on their professional accomplishments, academic achievements, leadership abilities, longevity in the field and contributions to their communities.
"As a woman of diverse cultural background, being the first Canadian recognized by the IAOTP for this accolade feels especially momentous," said Ms. Tehranchian. "I'm passionate about helping Canadians navigate their finances and giving back to the community, especially through female-to-female mentorship and as a volunteer board member and fundraiser for a number of charitable organizations."
In addition to being named Top Senior Wealth Advisor, Ms. Tehranchian has been recognized through multiple awards, including the following:
- Female Trailblazer of the Year Award – Wealth Professional Awards (2020): Finalist
- Canadian Advisor of the Year Award – Wealth Professional Awards (2020): Finalist
- Financial Adviser of the Year Award – Women in Finance Canada (2019): Winner
- The International Alliance for Women (TIAW) World of Difference Award (2019): Winner
- Assante Community Leadership Award (2019): Winner
- Brilliant Minded Women Foundation's Award for Supporting the Arts (2017): Winner
- Iranian Canadian Council's Inaugural Simorgh Award for outstanding contribution to the Iranian Canadian community (2016): Winner
- Businesswomen Network of York Region's Award in Community Engagement and Philanthropy and Literacy (2016): Winner
- Senecans of Distinction Award (2013): Winner
- Distinction – FP Canada™ Fellow (formerly Fellow of FPSC™) – Tina Tehranchian is among the first-ever group of Certified Financial Planner (CFP®) professionals in Canada to receive the Fellow of FPSC™ distinction from the Financial Planners Standards Council in 2011. This is a distinction that formally recognizes individuals who have helped advance FPSC's vision of seeing Canadians improve their lives by engaging in financial planning.
Since 2000, Ms. Tehranchian has assisted in raising over $2 million for various charitable organizations, including donating her time and expertise to the Princess Margaret Hospital Foundation. She has served as a Director and Trustee of distinguished charitable and non-profit boards and currently holds the position of Planned Giving Consultant for The Donor Motivation Program and Director of Art Canada Institute.
About Assante Wealth Management
Founded in 1995, Assante Wealth Management is one of Canada's largest firms providing wealth management solutions. Our 830 professional advisors, located in communities throughout the country, have approximately $43 billion of Canadians' family wealth under their care. Assante is a subsidiary of CI Financial Corp. (TSX: CIX) an independent Canadian company offering global asset management and wealth management advisory services.
About Tina Tehranchian
Tina Tehranchian is Senior Wealth Advisor specializing in providing creative and customized solutions to financial planning dilemmas and challenges faced by successful entrepreneurs and philanthropists with almost three decades of experience in assisting business owners and self-employed professionals in building wealth and developing sound financial and estate plans. She also specializes in charitable tax planning strategies and helping philanthropic Canadians multiply their bequests to charities while reducing their taxes and leaving more money for their heirs. Ms. Tehranchian currently holds the position of Branch Manager and Senior Financial Planner at Assante Capital Management Ltd. For more information, please visit: www.tinatehranchian.com.
The International Association of Top Professionals ("IAOTP") is an international boutique networking organization who handpicks the world's finest, most prestigious top professionals from different industries. These top professionals are given an opportunity to collaborate, share their ideas, be keynote speakers and to help influence others in their fields. This organization is not a membership that anyone can join – members must be asked by the President or be nominated by a distinguished honorary member after a brief interview. IAOTP experts have given thousands of top prestigious professionals around the world, the recognition and credibility that they deserve and have helped in building their branding empires. IAOTP prides itself to be a one of a kind boutique networking organization that hand picks only the best of the best and creates a networking platform that connects and brings these top professionals to one place. For more information, please visit www.iaotp.com.
SOURCE Assante Wealth Management
© Canada Newswire, source Canada Newswire English