Dell Technologies Named a Leader for Distributed File Systems and Object Storage
Thanks to you, our valued customers, partners and employees, we did it again! For the fifth year in a row, Gartner named Dell Technologies a Leader in its 2020 Magic Quadrant for Distributed File Systems and Object Storage1 - a Leader every year since the commencement of this report.
According to the Gartner report, "Vendors in the Leaders quadrant have the highest scores for their Ability to Execute and Completeness of Vision."1 Dell Technologies is positioned highest and furthest for its ability to execute and completeness of vision in the 2020 Leaders' quadrant for Distributed File Systems and Object Storage.
Dell EMC PowerScale, which includes our Isilon nodes, and ECS were evaluated for the Gartner report. Here are 5 reasons why we believe our portfolio of unstructured data solutions continues to shine:
* Insights-driven customers who have entrusted our distributed file and object storage solutions to support their business outcomes.
* Channel partners who add value in positioning our technology as part of their mission to serve their customers.
* Technology partners that enhance our base offerings - whether it be for enhanced security, auditing, or industry specific vertical integration, we cover a lot of ground.
* Sales teams who work with our customers to assess data usage and show how our unstructured data solutions can optimize their storage infrastructure and provide the best performance at lower costs.
* Engineers and product management teams who continue to deliver new innovate capabilities for our Dell EMC unstructured data solutions that provide simplicity at any scale, the ability to handle any date anywhere, intelligent insights - from the edge, to the core, to the cloud.
The Dell Technologies team is honored to once again be recognized as a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Distributed File Systems and Object Storage. We believe this recognition - as well as our January 2020 Gartner Peer Insights Customers' Choice2 recognition for these very same categories - is a testament to our commitment to provide customers with powerful technologies that allow them to tap into the potential within their unstructured data and use this data to drive better business outcomes, solve some of the world's biggest challenges and improve lives. We couldn't have done it without our customers, channel and technology partners, and our engineers, sales and product management teams - a sincere thank you to all of you and a high five for helping us to deliver incredible results year after year in the distributed file and object storage category!
Tackling exponential data growth with software defined storage
According to Gartner, "By 2024, large enterprises will triple their unstructured data stored as file or object storage on-premises, at the edge or in the public cloud, compared to 2020."1 Gartner also noted that, "By 2024, 50% of the global unstructured data storage capacity will be deployed as software-defined storage (SDS) on-premises or in the public cloud, up from less than 20% in 2020."1
So, what does this mean for your organization? As your organization's data continues to grow year-over-year, your complexity challenges also continue to rise as data increasingly spreads out across edge and core data centers and clouds. Software-defined storage (SDS) helps address these challenges by giving organizations greater control of their data and flexibility to deploy applications at the core, the cloud, or the edge; and continuously optimizes the environment.
Our new release of software defined Dell EMC PowerScale OneFS 9.1 is designed to deliver all the flexibility advantages of SDS while eliminating the need for the extra cost, time and personnel cycles required to validate whether storage hardware and the SDS software are going to work together correctly. Dell EMC DataIQ, included with PowerScale and ECS, delivers unique insights into data usage and storage system health, and provides users with self-service capabilities to move data on-demand
If you are ready to get more value out of your organization's unstructured data, contact us to learn how our Dell EMC PowerScale and ECS storage systems can help address your unstructured data needs for simplified management, improved performance and flexibility - at the edge, the core or the cloud
A complimentary copy of the 2020 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Distributed File Systems and Object Storage is available here. If you missed Dell Technologies World Digital Experience 2020, you can watch the replays of sessions on our unstructured data solutions here:
* Unlock the Potential of Unstructured Data with Dell EMC PowerScale
* Enterprise-Grade, High-Performance Object Storage: Dell EMC ECS
* Cloud Storage for the Data Decade
* AI Architectures: Platform considerations from Proof-of-Concepts to Large Scale Deployments
* theCube conversation: How to Handle Your File, Object, and Streaming Data
* theCube conversation: EarthCam Visualizes the World with Billions of Images with Dell EMC PowerScale
1Gartner, Inc. "Magic Quadrant for Distributed File Systems and Object Storage" by Julia Palmer, Jerry Rozeman, Robert Preston, Chandra Mukhyala, Jeff Vogel, October 15, 2020.
2Gartner Peer Insights Customers' Choice constitute the subjective opinions of individual end-user reviews, ratings, and data applied against a documented methodology; they neither represent the views of, nor constitute an endorsement by, Gartner or its affiliates.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, express or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.