Photo Caption: Meng Xing (Front Right), COO of DiDi Autonomous Driving, and Zhang Xiong (Front Left), Deputy General Manager of GAC AION, signed the bilateral agreement as representatives. Cheng Wei, Chairman of the Board and CEO of DiDi Global Inc., Feng Xingya, President of Guangzhou Automobile Group Co., Zhang Bo, CTO of DiDi Global Inc., CEO of DiDi Autonomous Driving, and Sui Li, Secretary of the Board, Guangzhou Automobile Group Co., witnessed the signing ceremony.
May 10, 2023 - DiDi Autonomous Driving, the self-driving technology arm of DiDi Global ("DiDi"), has deepened its partnership with GAC AION New Energy Automobile Co., Ltd. ("GAC AION"), subsidiary of Guangzhou Automobile Group ("GAC Group"), to set up a joint venture to mass produce electric Robotaxi under a joint project named "AIDI", a milestone for L4 Autonomous Driving EVs' mass production and commercial operation.
The first mass-produced model is expected to be on DiDi's shared mobility network and integrated into a large-scale mixed dispatching system by 2025.
- This joint venture will be the industry's first in China between an automobile company and an autonomous driving company to push forward self-driving EVs' mass production.
- This is also the first time DiDi Autonomous Driving and GAC AION disclose their cooperation updates since both parties reached a strategic partnership back in 2021.
- The design of the first generation mass-produced Robotaxis will be based on GAC AION's latest high-end pure electric exclusive platform AEP 3.0 version, with its X-soul EE architecture and the safety redundancy system installed in Robotaxi.
- The first model will also be equipped with DiDi Autonomous Driving's technology solutions and DiDi Generalized Engine for L4 Autonomous Driving designed to deal with long-tail driving scenarios in complex urban traffic conditions, while replying on DiDi's unique experience and insight in Robotaxi operation and shared mobility.
- Both parties will work together to develop an intelligent L4 self-driving system that meets the needs of passengers and provides an excellent riding experience. The first mass-produced model is expected to be introduced to DiDi's shared mobility network in 2025 for a large-scale mixed dispatching system.
"Thanks to the launch of the joint AIDI project, DiDi Autonomous Driving has entered a new phase in mass production, "said Zhang Bo, CTO of DiDi and CEO of DiDi Autonomous Driving, "Since this year, DiDi Autonomous Driving has already made many breakthroughs in the self-driving technology and commercialization. "
"Since the signing of the strategic partnership, both sides have conducted several rounds of in-depth communication. The AIDI project will be the key for us to seize the opportunities amid the development of the intelligent vehicle industry while giving full play of each other's respective strengths," said Gu Huinan, General Manager of GAC AION.
DiDi Global Inc. published this content on 10 May 2023 and is solely responsible for the information contained therein. Distributed by, unedited and unaltered, on 10 May 2023 12:40:09 UTC.