Stockholm, Sweden: Epiroc AB, a leading productivity partner for the mining and infrastructure industries, is today hosting its Capital Markets Day Fika for institutional investors, analysts and financial media.
The purpose of the 2.5-hour event is to give an update on Epiroc's strategy for profitable growth. Topics such as innovation, aftermarket, operational excellence and sustainability will be covered.
"We are looking forward to further demonstrate for the investment community our strategies for and approach to delivering value for customers and shareholders," says Helena Hedblom, Epiroc's President and CEO. "This includes continuing to invest heavily in innovation for customer safety and productivity, reinforcing the aftermarket business and working to become even more efficient."
Epiroc reconfirms its financial goals and reiterates the comment in the Q3 2020 report that demand, both for equipment and aftermarket, is expected to remain stable in the near term. Epiroc is also noting that there are uncertainties regarding the Covid-19 development and related restrictions, which can have an adverse effect on the demand.
Some highlights of the day are:
· The growing interest in and demand for automation, digitalization and electrification solutions.
· Epiroc is the first equipment supplier to provide a mixed-fleet automation solution for underground mining, for Newcrest Mining Limited at its Cadia Valley gold and copper operation in Australia.
· Epiroc earlier today announced (https://www.epiroc.com/en-us/newsroom/2020/epiroc-and-orica-unveil-prototype-system-for-first-stages-of-underground-automation) key progress in its collaboration with world-leading commercial explosives provider Orica. The companies today launched a prototype of Avatel™, the first-of-its-kind, semi-automated explosives delivery system that will enable safer and more productive blasting operations in underground mines.
· Epiroc is providing the world's largest mixed-fleet automation solution for Roy Hill at its iron ore surface operation in Australia.
· Value-added services and service products, for example midlife services, and the work on tailoring service products to different segments.
The Capital Markets Day Fika includes presentations by Helena Hedblom, President and CEO; Anders Lindén, Chief Financial Officer; Sami Niiranen, President Underground division; José Manuel Sánchez, President Surface division; and Jess Kindler, President Parts & Services division. The webcast starts at 15.00 CET and will be sent live for registered participants. Register at www.epirocgroup.com/en/cmd2020. The webcast will also be available on our homepage after the event.
For more information please contact:
Karin Larsson, VP Investor Relations
+46 10 755 0106
Ola Kinnander, Media Relations Manager
+46 70 347 2455
Epiroc is a leading global productivity partner for the mining and infrastructure industries. With ground-breaking technology, Epiroc develops and produces innovative, safe and sustainable drill rigs, rock excavation and construction equipment and tools. The company also provides world-class service and solutions for automation and interoperability. Epiroc is based in Stockholm, Sweden, had revenues of SEK 41 billion in 2019, and has about 14 000 passionate employees supporting and collaborating with customers in more than 150 countries. Learn more at www.epirocgroup.com.
(c) 2020 Cision. All rights reserved., source Press Releases - English