Log in
Log in
Or log in with
GoogleGoogle
Twitter Twitter
Facebook Facebook
Apple Apple     
Sign up
Or log in with
GoogleGoogle
Twitter Twitter
Facebook Facebook
Apple Apple     
  1. Homepage
  2. Equities
  3. United Kingdom
  4. London Stock Exchange
  5. Fresnillo plc
  6. News
  7. Summary
    FRES   GB00B2QPKJ12

FRESNILLO PLC

(FRES)
  Report
Delayed London Stock Exchange  -  11:35:15 2023-02-03 am EST
816.80 GBX   +0.94%
02/01Citigroup cuts Persimmon; HSBC raises Asos
AN
01/30JPMorgan Trims Fresnilo PT, Maintains Neutral Rating
MT
01/30Barclays raises Auto Trader to 'overweight'
AN
SummaryQuotesChartsNewsRatingsCalendarCompanyFinancialsConsensusRevisionsFunds 
SummaryMost relevantAll NewsAnalyst Reco.Other languagesPress ReleasesOfficial PublicationsSector news

Fresnillo hails successful further testing at Juanicipio in Mexico

11/22/2022 | 04:24am EST

(Alliance News) - Fresnillo PLC on Tuesday shared progress in electrifying its Juanicipio project, located in Mexico.

The Mexico City-based silver and gold miner said that the additional testing requested by Comision Federal de Electricidad, the Mexican state-owned power company, was successful at the Juanicipio.

Fresnillo confirmed the main substation which will provide power to the project passed inspection and is now approved for use.

The main transformer is now energised, and tests in preparation for the final tie-in to the national grid are progressing in line with requirements from CFE.

In September, CFE required the FTSE 100 company to conduct additional testing to verify the compatibility between new and updated substation equipment, prior to the final tie-in of the electrical grid.

Fresnillo said it is confident of meeting the requirements of the regulator, and of achieving a "rapid ramp-up" of operations once full load commissioning begins at Juanicipio.

"Mine development at Juanicipio is ongoing with a substantial stockpile built in anticipation of the commencement of milling operations, in the interim, ore will continue to be processed at our nearby Saucito and Fresnillo operations," the miner explained.

Consequently, Fresnillo said there will be no impact on 2022 production, or on its 2023 production expectations.

In late October, the company posted solid quarterly production figures and said it remained on track to meet annual guidance of 50.5 to 56.5 million ounces of attributable silver and silverstream, and 600 to 650,000 ounces of attributable gold.

Juanicipio project is a joint venture with Canadian exploration and development company MAG Silver. Fresnillo owns 56%, and MAG Silver holds the remaining 44%.

Shares were up 0.9% at 869.00 pence each on Tuesday morning in London.

By Xindi Wei; xindiwei@alliancenews.com

Copyright 2022 Alliance News Limited. All Rights Reserved.

Stocks mentioned in the article
ChangeLast1st jan.
FRESNILLO PLC 0.94% 816.8 Delayed Quote.-10.27%
FTSE 100 1.04% 7901.8 Delayed Quote.4.94%
MAG SILVER CORP. -1.72% 18.33 Delayed Quote.-11.82%
NATIONAL GRID PLC -0.82% 1034 Delayed Quote.4.52%
SILVER -4.66% 22.36 Delayed Quote.0.41%
All news about FRESNILLO PLC
02/01Citigroup cuts Persimmon; HSBC raises Asos
AN
01/30JPMorgan Trims Fresnilo PT, Maintains Neutral Rating
MT
01/30Barclays raises Auto Trader to 'overweight'
AN
01/26RBC cuts Ocado; Bernstein cuts easyJet
AN
01/25Stocks in the red; Ascential surges on spin-off
AN
01/25FTSE 100 Closes Down 0.2%, Aviva Leads Gains
DJ
01/25EasyJet Must Do More Than Just Ride the Recovery
DJ
01/25MAG Silver Details Q4 Production From Juanicipio Project in Mexico
MT
01/25EasyJet Shares Jump After Upbeat 1Q, Strong -2-
DJ
01/25EasyJet Shares Jump After Upbeat 1Q, Strong Outlook
DJ
More news
Analyst Recommendations on FRESNILLO PLC
More recommendations
Financials (USD)
Sales 2022 2 466 M - -
Net income 2022 152 M - -
Net Debt 2022 71,9 M - -
P/E ratio 2022 50,4x
Yield 2022 1,43%
Capitalization 7 318 M 7 318 M -
EV / Sales 2022 3,00x
EV / Sales 2023 2,64x
Nbr of Employees 7 871
Free-Float 25,0%
Chart FRESNILLO PLC
Duration : Period :
Fresnillo plc Technical Analysis Chart | MarketScreener
Full-screen chart
Technical analysis trends FRESNILLO PLC
Short TermMid-TermLong Term
TrendsBearishBullishBullish
Income Statement Evolution
Consensus
Sell
Buy
Mean consensus HOLD
Number of Analysts 15
Last Close Price 9,93 $
Average target price 10,71 $
Spread / Average Target 7,85%
EPS Revisions
Managers and Directors
Octavio Alvidrez Cano Chief Executive Officer
Mario Arreguín Frade Chief Financial Officer
Alejandro Baillères Gual Non-Executive Chairman
Tomas Iturriaga Hidalgo Chief Operating Officer
Fernando Benjamín Ruíz Sahagún Independent Non-Executive Director
Sector and Competitors
1st jan.Capi. (M$)
FRESNILLO PLC-10.27%7 318
BHP GROUP LIMITED7.06%175 436
RIO TINTO PLC4.59%125 920
GLENCORE PLC-1.23%85 441
ANGLO AMERICAN PLC4.65%50 468
SAUDI ARABIAN MINING COMPANY (MA'ADEN)14.22%48 206