DETROIT - Chevrolet revealed the first-ever 2022 Silverado ZR2 today during the opening game of the NFL season with a special, 60-second spot featuring a lineup of all-star personalities putting the capabilities of the brand's flagship off-road truck to the test.
'Playmaker' features five celebrities and experts from a wide array of backgrounds using some of the unique features of the Silverado ZR2, proving that the flagship off-road truck really is in a class of its own:
- BRELAND, platinum-selling artist, highlights the elevated design of the Silverado ZR2 on the set of a video shoot.
- Chase Elliott, NASCAR Cup Series champion, confidently pulls his boat out of the lake using the Silverado ZR2's available trailering technology1.
- Chad Hall, world-renowned off-road racer and engineer, puts the Silverado ZR2's off-road capabilities to the test like no one else can.
- Chris Pratt, award-winning actor who owns a ranch, uses the up to eight available cameras2 to track down his steer while Walter the cat watches from afar.
Sportscaster Michele Tafoya will also provide a play-by-play of the action, bringing her dynamic energy in a way that feels at home during the first NFL game of the season.
'The first-ever Silverado ZR2 is truly unique, blending race-proven off-road capability with comfortable on-road manners, elevated design and thoughtful integrated technology,' said Steve Majoros, vice president of Chevrolet Marketing. 'To really showcase the breadth of this truck's capability, we needed a team of experts, truck-lovers and friends of Chevy to put it to the test in their own lives. The result is a fun and entertaining reveal that illustrates how versatile, capable and good-looking this new Silverado ZR2 truck really is.'
First-ever Silverado ZR2
The first-ever Silverado ZR2 drives into the flagship position of Chevy Trucks' factory-lifted off-road lineup, offering race-proven off-road performance customers can buy right from the showroom floor. The ZR2 brings together a premium interior, immersive technology, a number of standard safety equipment features2 and off-road prowess in a comprehensive package.
ZR2's suspension upgrades, enhanced off-road technology and exterior enhancements were developed to optimize off-road performance and capability - whether desert running or rock crawling - while balancing everyday driving comfort and supporting comparable payload and trailering capability to other Silverado off-road trims. ZR2 max payload is 1,440 pounds3 and the conventional trailer weight rating is 8,900 pounds1.
ZR2 highlights include:
- Standard 6.2L V-8 engine and 10-speed automatic transmission
- Silverado-first application of Multimatic DSSV spool-valve dampers
- Uniquely-tuned springs that, with the Multimatic dampers, increase maximum front and rear suspension travel, compared to the Silverado Trail Boss
- Front and rear e-lockers
- Specific off-road chassis and suspension calibrations, including Terrain Mode, which allows one-pedal4 rock crawling
- Specific 33-inch off-road MT tires
- Unique skid plate package
- New steel front bumper designed for off-road strength, durability and clearance, including an all-new, high-approach front bumper that enables an improved 31-degree approach angle, compared to other Silverado off-road models.
In addition to its functional features, the Silverado ZR2 is distinguished by several aesthetic cues, including a new black hood insert, a unique grille with integrated lighting and a 'flow-tie' emblem, ZR2 badges, unique 18-inch wheels and a unique Jet Black/Graystone leather-trimmed interior, with complementing dark trim.
The 2022 Silverado will be available Spring 2022. To learn more about the first-ever Silverado ZR2, please visit.
Founded in 1911 in Detroit, Chevrolet is now one of the world's largest car brands, available in 79 countries with more than 3.2 million cars and trucks sold in 2020. Chevrolet models include electric and fuel-efficient vehicles that feature engaging performance, design that makes the heart beat, passive and active safety features and easy-to-use technology, all at a value. More information on Chevrolet models can be found at .
1Before you buy a vehicle or use it for trailering, carefully review the trailering section of the Owner's Manual. The weight of passengers, cargo and options or accessories may reduce the amount you can tow
2Safety or driver assistance features are no substitute for the driver's responsibility to operate the vehicle in a safe manner. Read the vehicle's owner's manual for important feature limitations and information.
3For comparison purposes only. See the Owner's Manual and the label on the vehicle door jamb for the carrying capacity of a specific vehicle.
4You should always use your brake pedal if you need to stop quickly.
GM - General Motors Company published this content on 09 September 2021 and is solely responsible for the information contained therein. Distributed by, unedited and unaltered, on 10 September 2021 01:01:02 UTC.