APRIL - JUNE 2021
- Sales increased by 58 percent and amounted to 4,002 MSEK (2,526).
- Operating profit increased by 298 percent to 728 MSEK (183).
- Operating margin increased to 18.2 percent (7.2).
- Adjusted operating profit (excl. non-recurring items) increased by 248 percent to 728 MSEK (209).
- Adjusted operating margin (excl. non-recurring items) increased to 18.2 percent (8.3).
- Profit after tax increased to 537 MSEK (122).
- Earnings per share increased by 346 percent to 1.56 SEK (0.35). Adjusted earnings per share (excl. non-recurring items) increased by 280 percent to 1.56 SEK (0.41).
- Operating cash flow increased to 590 MSEK (225).
- Non-recurring items, before tax, amounted to 0 MSEK (26).
JANUARY - JUNE 2021
- Sales increased by 17 percent and amounted to 7,812 MSEK (6,694).
- Operating profit increased by 99 percent to 1,432 MSEK (720).
- Operating margin increased to 18.3 percent (10.8).
- Adjusted operating profit (excl. non-recurring items) increased by 80 percent to 1,432 MSEK (796).
- Adjusted operating margin (excl. non-recurring items) increased to 18.3 percent (11.9).
- Profit after tax increased to 1,071 MSEK (527).
- Earnings per share increased by 103 percent to 3.11 SEK (1.53). Adjusted earnings per share (excl. non-recurring items) increased by 83 percent to 3.11 SEK (1.70).
- Operating cash flow amounted to 1,023 MSEK (752).
- Non-recurring items, before tax, amounted to net 0 MSEK (76).
"We saw a very high organic sales growth of 70 percent compared with the corresponding quarter last year, driven by good sales on all markets and product areas. A large part of the increase is affected by previous year's major shutdowns related to Covid-19. The organic sales are also strong compared to the first quarter this year. The combination of strong sales and volumes as well as a lower cost base, gave yet again, our best quarterly result ever. Operating profit for the quarter increased by 248 percent from previous year's adjusted EBIT of 209 MSEK to 728 MSEK, which corresponds to a margin of 18.2 percent (8.3).
We again experience that our strong customer focus combined with our ability to offer fast and stable deliveries to our customers are appreciated when the uncertainty is so high around the world. Our large geographical coverage with plants close to our customers is a clear competitive advantage.
Fully in line with the acquisition strategy that was recently presented on our capital market day, two acquisitions have been completed. VICOM with focus on the growing segment "wire and cable" driven by the electrification and Unica which strengthens our position in Southern Europe. We are very happy to welcome these motivated, competent and experienced employees to HEXPOL.
The strong business model in combination with a clear M&A agenda and strong financial position give us good conditions for continued growth and acquisitions."
Georg Brunstam, President and CEO
For more information, please contact:
Georg Brunstam, President and CEO
+46 (0)40 25 46 61
Peter Rosén, Deputy CEO and CFO
+46 (0)40 25 46 60
HEXPOL is a world-leading polymers group with strong global positions in advanced polymer compounds (Compounding), gaskets for plate heat exchangers (Gaskets), and plastic and rubber materials for truck and castor wheel applications (Wheels). Customers are primarily systems suppliers to the global automotive and engineering industry, construction industry, the energy, oil and gas sector, medical equipment manufacturers and OEM manufacturers of plate heat exchangers and forklifts. The Group is organised in two business areas, HEXPOL Compounding and HEXPOL Engineered Products. The HEXPOL Group's sales in 2020 amounted to 13,424 MSEK. The HEXPOL Group has approximately 4,600 employees in fourteen countries. Further information is available at www.hexpol.com.
This press release consists of such information that HEXPOL AB (publ) is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation and the Securities Market Act. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person set out above, at 01:00 p.m. CET on July 16, 2021. This report has been prepared both in Swedish and English. In case of any divergence in the content of the two versions, the Swedish version shall have precedence.
(c) 2021 Cision. All rights reserved., source Press Releases - English