JCDecaux changes its organisation following Jean-Sébastien Decaux’s decision to focus on the philanthropic activities of the Decaux family
Paris, October 28th, 2019 – JCDecaux S.A. (Euronext Paris: DEC), the number one outdoor advertising company worldwide, is changing its organisation following Jean-Sébastien Decaux’s decision to devote himself, from 1st January 2020, to the philanthropic activities of the Decaux family.
Therefore, Jean-Sébastien Decaux will leave his operational functions and the Executive Board on 31st December 2019. Nevertheless, he will remain committed to JCDecaux SA, as a shareholder and part of the governance of JCDecaux Holding as well as a member of the Supervisory Board, his appointment being proposed in view of the Annual General Meeting which be held on May 14th 2020.
The territories for which Jean-Sébastien Decaux is responsible will be incorporated within extended regions reporting to Jean-Charles Decaux:
- Southern Europe (Italy, Spain and Portugal) will be included in the region headed by Alexandre Roubaud, who will remain Managing Director of Latin America and will be based in Madrid;
- Africa will be the responsibility of Martin Sabbagh, who will remain Managing Director of the Middle East region and continue to be based in Dubai;
- Belgium, Luxembourg and Israel will join France to form a new region and will be managed by Wim Jansen, currently Managing Director of Belgium and Luxembourg, based in Brussels. He will work under the joint responsibility of Isabelle Schlumberger, Executive Vice-President, Sales, Marketing and Development, and Jean-Michel Geffroy, Executive Vice-President, Territories and Institutions. Isabelle Schlumberger and Jean-Michel Geffroy are based in Paris.
Jean-François Decaux, Chairman of the Executive Board and Co-CEO of JCDecaux, and Jean-Charles Decaux, Co-Chief Executive Officer of JCDecaux, said: “We would like to warmly thank Jean-Sébastien for everything he has contributed to the Group since 1998 and we are delighted with his decision to devote himself to the philanthropic activities of our family. We share the need to strengthen our initiatives in this area and build a more ambitious approach in this new project. We continue to build on both the heritage of Jean-Claude Decaux and the duty to perpetuate our family, entrepreneurial and environmental values and pass them on to the third generation. The urgency of today’s challenges call for our full, determined and participative commitment. We are certain that Jean-Sebastien will be able to harness the skills and resources necessary to successfully complete this new mission just as he did for 21 years at JCDecaux SA.
We would like to wish every success to the executives, who will now have the opportunity to apply their experience and perfect knowledge of the Group to new and expanded territories which is effective from 1st January.”
Commenting, Jean-Sébastien Decaux, CEO Southern Europe, Belgium and Luxembourg, Africa, Israel and member of the Executive Board of JCDecaux, said: “I am pleased to be able to devote myself to the development of our family’s ambitious and socially-responsible project addressing the challenges of our times. Our family, with its high standards and commitment, are fully investing in a field that it is my honour to lead. I will harness its skills and resources and build bridges with JCDecaux SA as well to enhance our social impact.
I hope that all the teams I have had the pleasure of managing will continue to find fulfilment at the company and give their very best, and that those taking over my region will experience as much satisfaction as I have.
Naturally, I will remain fully dedicated to the future of JCDecaux SA.”
Key Figures for JCDecaux
- 2018 revenue: €3,619m, H1 2019 revenue: €1,842.3m
- Present in 4,030 cities with more than 10,000 inhabitants
- A daily audience of more than 800 million people in more than 80 countries
- 13,030 employees
- Leader in self-service bike rental scheme: pioneer in eco-friendly mobility
- 1st Out-of-Home Media company to join the RE100 (committed to 100% renewable energy)
- JCDecaux is listed on the Eurolist of Euronext Paris and is part of the Euronext 100 and Euronext Family Business indexes
- JCDecaux is recognised for its extra-financial performance in the FTSE4Good index and the MSCI and CDP rankings
- 1,061,200 advertising panels worldwide
- N°1 worldwide in street furniture (528,660 advertising panels)
- N°1 worldwide in transport advertising with more than 170 airports and 277 contracts in metros, buses, trains and tramways (326,970 advertising panels)
- N°1 in Europe for billboards (137,020 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in Europe (645,540 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in Asia-Pacific (239,300 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in Latin America (72,880 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in Africa (24,170 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in the Middle East (16,450 advertising panels)
For more information about JCDecaux, please visit jcdecaux.com.
Join us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Communications Department: Agathe Albertini
+33 (0) 1 30 79 34 99 – email@example.com
Investor Relations: Arnaud Courtial
+33 (0) 1 30 79 79 93 – firstname.lastname@example.org