Larsen & Toubro Limited is a diversified group. Net sales (not including sold divisions) break down by activity as follows:
- engineering and construction services (52.2%): implementation of turnkey projects of transport, production units, engineering instruments, etc.;
- IT services (15.2%);
- exploration and production of hydrocarbons (12%);
- financial services (9.5%);
- development, operating and maintenance of infrastructure projects (3.3%);
- manufacturing of aerospace and defense equipment and systems (2.7%);
- development of thermal power plants and manufacturing of energy production equipment (1.6%);
- other (3.5%): manufacturing of industrial machines and products (industrial valves, welding machines, building equipment, etc.), production of concrete, real estate development, etc.
Net sales are distributed geographically as follows: India (66.9%), the United States (9.4%), Saudi Arabia (3.3%), Qatar (2.5%), United Arab Emirates (2.5%), Oman (2%), the Netherlands (1.8%) and other (11.6%).