* The Toronto Stock Exchange's TSX falls 0.12 percent to 20,164.96
* Leading the index were Lithium Americas Corp , up 6.7%, Stelco Holdings Inc, up 6.4%, and Equinox Gold Corp, higher by 6%.
* Lagging shares were Trillium Therapeutics Inc, down 5.3%, Aurinia Pharmaceuticals Inc, down 4.0%, and Shopify Inc, lower by 3.9%.
* On the TSX 146 issues rose and 83 fell as a 1.8-to-1 ratio favored advancers. There were no and no new lows, with total volume of 175.4 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Brookfield Property Partners Lp, Cae Inc and Enbridge Inc.
* The TSX's energy group rose 1.73 points, or 1.4%, while the financials sector climbed 0.34 points, or 0.1%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures rose 0.17%, or $0.12, to $72.19 a barrel. Brent crude rose 0.97%, or $0.72, to $74.82 [O/R]
* The TSX is up 15.7% for the year.
This summary was machine generated July 26 at 21:03.