* Very strong growth in incoming orders, unit sales, and sales revenue - forecast continues to apply
* The MAN Group - comprising the MAN Truck & Bus and MAN Latin America divisions - can look back on a positive first half of fiscal year 2021.
* At EUR8.1 billion (previous year: EUR5.4 billion), the MAN Group's incoming orders were up on the prior-year figure by around 50%.
* Unit sales in the MAN Group rose by 63% to 77,238 (previous year: 47,301) vehicles.
* The Company generated sales revenue of EUR6.4 billion in the first six months of 2021, EUR1.7 billion higher than in the prior-year period.
'The very strong growth was attributable primarily to the new and used vehicle business, especially trucks. We also recorded significant growth rates in the After Sales business,' explains Andreas Tostmann, Chief Executive Officer of MAN SE.
The MAN Group closed the first half of 2021 with an operating loss of EUR456 million (previous year: operating loss of EUR423 million). Adjusted for expenses in connection with the repositioning of MAN Truck & Bus, the MAN Group recorded an operating profit of EUR216 million in the first six months of the year.
The MAN Group's operating return on sales was - 7.1% (previous year: - 9.1%). Excluding the negative impact of the repositioning of MAN Truck & Bus, the MAN Group recorded an operating return on sales of 3.4% in the first half of the year.
Assuming that, among other things, the further course of the COVID-19 pandemic will not lead to any additional negative business impact in the course of the year and in light of the Company's performance in the first half of 2021, the Executive Board of MAN SE currently assumes that the forecast published with the 2020 Annual Report will continue to apply.
(C) 2021 Electronic News Publishing, source ENP Newswire