More about the company
Medtronic plc is one of the world leaders in designing, manufacturing and marketing of medical equipment. Net sales break down by sector of activity as follows:
- general and minimally invasive surgery (28.8%): surgical equipment, intra-operative monitoring systems, ventilation systems, etc.;
- cardiac rhythm management (18.6%): implantable cardiac pacemakers, implantable defibrillators and automatic external defibrillators, cardiac ablation probes, etc.;
- vascular diseases and cardiac surgery (17.4%): coronary stents, endoprostheses for aortal pathologies, distal protection systems, catheters, heart valve prostheses, auto-transfusion equipment, cardiac ablation devices, etc.;
- spinal disorders (14.1%): spinal prostheses, disc prostheses, cerebral stimulation systems, bone graft technologies and mini-invasive spinal surgery, etc. The group also develops medical imagery-guided surgical navigation systems activity;
- neurovascular, ear, nose and throat (ENT) and pelvic diseases (8.2%);
- diabetes management (7.4%): internal and external glycemia monitoring systems and insulin pumps;
- neurological disorders (5.5%): neurostimulation and pumped medication administration products, diagnostic tools, etc.
Net sales are distributed geographically as follows: Ireland (0.3%), the United States (50.9%) and other (48.8%).