MGM Resorts International : Minute - January 24, 2022
01/23/2022 | 11:14pm EDT
The MGM Minute is a weekly digital company newsletter from MGM Resorts International. It contains content to begin the morning with, content to carry forward throughout the day and content to use in the days ahead. For more information, or to follow-up with any of the stories outlined below, please firstname.lastname@example.org.
MGM Resorts International - MGM Minute
January 24, 2022 - January 30, 2022
News Release For Immediate Release January 24, 2022
For more information:Media@mgmresorts.com
Clickhereto watch the video. Links below contain clean b-roll for each suggested story topic. Feel free to download and use them on-air and on-line. Any consideration for placement within your newscasts would be appreciated.
This week's stories that you'll find within the MGM Minute:
MGM RESORTS OPENS COVID TESTING CLINIC
AT MANDALAY BAY
· MGM Resorts, in partnership with Community Ambulance, has opened a COVID-19 testing clinic in The Shoppes at Mandalay Place, located inside Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas.
· The clinic is open Thursdays through Mondays from 10 a.m.-8 p.m. Charges do apply.
· The testing site is designed with both the business and leisure traveler in mind - and is ideally for those who need proof of a negative test result quickly.
· This is an extension and expansion of the in-room testing program provided through the MGM Resorts Convene with Confidence platform, which has administered more than 5,000 tests since launching back in April 2021.#
· John Flynn, Vice President of Administration, MGM Resorts: "This is perfect for anyone traveling to Las Vegas, whether you came on an airplane or drove into town, no matter what the requirement is, where you want to get that negative test. For some conferences and conventions, they're requiring it. For some shows they're requiring it. Some people just want peace of mind before they go back home. Others, especially international travelers, they need that rapid PCR test and negative test result before they get back on that plane to go home. If you're a large conference or small conference and you have a short notice requirement and need to get a lot of your attendees tested with those results back within 20 to 30 minutes, we are providing you with that now. It's really a win-win for everybody and we're excited to be able to offer this going into 2022."
GRAMMY AWARDS COMING TO
MGM GRAND GARDEN ARENA APRIL 3
· The 64th annual GRAMMY Awards are coming to the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas on Sunday, April 3.
· The Awards show will be broadcast live on CBS and Paramount+.
· This will be the first time that the GRAMMYs will be held in Las Vegas. Additional details about other official GRAMMY Week events will be announced soon.#
· Chris Baldizan, Executive Vice President of Entertainment, MGM Resorts:"It's incredible news for us. To be able to host an event of this caliber says a lot about the legacy of MGM Resorts. All the work that we've put in over the years, hosting events like the Latin GRAMMYs and Academy of Country Music Awards, it's the culture we've created to have huge events like this that want to come work with our company. We're extremely excited about the opportunities this could present in the future as well, and we couldn't be more thrilled to be hosting the GRAMMYs."
ARIA & MGM NATIONAL HARBOR
CELEBRATE LUNAR NEW YEAR
· ARIA Resort and Casino in Las Vegas has unveiled its annual Lunar New Year displays celebrating the Year of the Tiger.
· A 196-foot dragon hangs from the lobby's ceiling, weaving its way around a money tree made up of 88 golden coins symbolizing wealth and good fortune. A hand-sculpted solid chocolate, 225-pound Tiger can be found in the ARIA Patisserie display window as well.#
· MGM National Harbor in Maryland is also celebrating the Lunar New Year. The resort unveiled its new conservatory exhibit this past week, which features a 30-foot tall, bamboo forest. It's on display through March 12. MGM National Harbor's Conservatory is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Admission is free.#
· Meet Toriyanna Jones - a Front Desk Agent at The Mirage in Las Vegas.
· Toriyanna recently met a guest who was having difficulty moving around the property. It was a busy holiday weekend and the resort's allotment of electric scooters were all being used.
· Toriyanna took the time to comfort the guest and proceeded to work with the bell desk supervisor to find an available scooter through an outside company.
· The guest sent an email following her trip, thanking Toriyanna for going beyond the call of duty so that she could enjoy her vacation.#
· Eunice Rah-Moreno, Director of Hotel Operations, The Mirage:"Toriyanna is such a beautiful soul. The greatest thing about this is that she probably didn't think anything of it. This is just her authentic reaction to a situation. How we treat each other and how we make each other feel, that becomes our legacy. Our business is no different. This is a really great example of someone just putting their heart out and acting on it."
MGM Resorts International published this content on 23 January 2022 and is solely responsible for the information contained therein. Distributed by Public, unedited and unaltered, on 24 January 2022 04:13:00 UTC.