Ten Directors Re-elected
Nasdaq Board Re-elects Michael R. Splinter as Chairman of the Board
NEW YORK, June 22, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Nasdaq, Inc. (Nasdaq: NDAQ) shareholders elected all nominated directors at the company’s Annual Meeting of Shareholders on Wednesday, June 22, 2022. All directors will serve one-year terms. The elected board members are:
- Melissa M. Arnoldi, EVP and Chief Customer Officer, AT&T Consumer
- Charlene T. Begley, Retired SVP & CIO, General Electric Company
- Steven D. Black, Former Co-CEO, Bregal Investments
- Adena T. Friedman, President and CEO, Nasdaq
- Essa Kazim, Governor, Dubai International Financial Centre and Chairman, Borse Dubai
- Thomas A. Kloet, Retired CEO & Executive Director, TMX Group Limited
- John D. Rainey, EVP and Chief Financial Officer, Walmart Inc.
- Michael R. Splinter, Retired Chairman and CEO, Applied Materials, Inc.
- Toni Townes-Whitley, Former President, U.S. Regulated Industries, Microsoft
- Alfred W. Zollar, Executive Advisor, Siris Capital Group, LLC
The Nasdaq Board of Directors re-elected Michael R. Splinter as Chairman of the Board.
Nasdaq shareholders also approved the following proposals:
- The company’s executive compensation on an advisory basis; and
- Ratification of the appointment of Ernst & Young LLP as Nasdaq’s independent registered public accounting firm for the fiscal year ending December 31, 2022; and
- An amendment to the company’s charter to increase the total number of authorized shares of common stock for a proposed 3-for-1 stock split
The shareholders did not approve a shareholder proposal relating to a special shareholder meeting improvement.
Nasdaq (Nasdaq: NDAQ) is a global technology company serving the capital markets and other industries. Our diverse offering of data, analytics, software, and services enables clients to optimize and execute their business vision with confidence. To learn more about the company, technology solutions and career opportunities, visit us on LinkedIn, on Twitter @Nasdaq, or at www.nasdaq.com.
Nasdaq Media Contact:
Source: Nasdaq, Inc.
2022 GlobeNewswire, Inc., source Press Releases