(Alliance News) - European exchanges moved in a bearish trend on Monday as traders assessed the latest developments in the Middle East conflict and their potential impact on a global scale, carefully weighing the inflation outlook.

Trading rooms welcomed data showing that German wholesale prices fell 4.1 percent year-on-year in September, marking the sixth consecutive month of decline at the steepest rate since May 2020. This week is also packed with key appointments on the monetary policy front, with keynote speeches from mebers of the ECB, Bank of England and the Fed.

In the CME Group platform's FedWatch Tool, using futures also based on the actual federal funds rate, or EFFR, the rate confirmation at the Nov. 1 meeting has a 90 percent probability for the 525/550 bp range confirmation. In contrast, the 25 bps rise in the 550/575 bps target is priced at 10%.

The FTSE Mib, therefore, marks a 0.1 percent rise to 28,264 points.

In Europe, London's FTSE 100 rises 0.3 percent, Paris' CAC 40 is giving up 0.1 percent, and Frankfurt's DAX 40 marks a 0.1 percent decline.

Among the smaller listings, the Mid-Cap is giving fractionally to 38,754.73, the Small-Cap is in the red 0.2% to 25,205.91, while Italy Growth is flexing 0.4% to 7,974.35.

On the main list of the Italian Stock Exchange, Nexi advances 2.2% with price at EUR5.79 per share, after two sessions closed lower.

ERG, on the other hand, advances 1.9% to EUR23.22. Of note, the board of directors on Thursday resolved to start a share buyback program for a maximum of about 3.7 million shares, or 2.5% of the share capital, with a maximum outlay of EUR100.0 million.

Leonardo, on the other hand, is marking plus 1.5 percent, following a 2.5 percent decline in the previous session.

Telecom Italia is giving up 3.5 percent with price at EUR0.26. The company announced in the morning that it had received a binding offer from KKR for the network. The offer-which, according to rumors, amounts to EUR23 billion-expires on November 8, the day when TIM's board will meet to approve the nine-month accounts and will have to give an answer to the American fund. However, the deadline can be extended to December 20.

Among the bearish few, Stellantis is instead giving up 0.6 percent, reversing course after four bullish sessions.

Rear-ends also for Stellantis, down 1.6 percent on the heels of Friday's 1.2 percent loss. The stock thus posizoona snout toward the session head to close on the bearish side.

On the cadet segment, Saras advances 2.4%, with new price at EUR1.3220 toward its third session on the bullish side.

Caltagirone brings price up 2.1% with quote and EUR3.93 after Friday's 2.5% decline.

On the backside, Eurogroup Lamination is marking a 3.7 percent loss. The stock -- which is currently priced in the EUR3.54 area -- touched its new 52-week low at the EUR3.51 per share level during the day.

Antares, on the other hand, gives up 2.5 percent, updating its 52-week low at EUR2.72 before conerging toward EUR2.77.

Rai Way, on the other hand, gives up 0.6 percent, following a green of 0.3 percent in the previous session.

On the Small-Cap, Aquafil is giving up 2.2 percent to EUR2.20, earlier touching its 52-week low at EUR2.12.

Triboo, on the other hand, gives up 4.1 percent to EUR0.70, breaking its four-session mini bullish trend.

Fidia advances 7.6 percent, bringing its new price to EUR1.27 per share. The stock - which has not detached its dividend since 2017 - closed last session down 1.7 percent.

Purchases also on Itway, which trades with a positive balance of 9.0 percent, after a 2.4 percent decline in the previous session.

Among SMEs, tail of the list for Ambromobiliare, which trades minus 4.1 percent after Friday's green with 4.9 percent.

Alfonsino gives up 1.1 percent, bringing its price to EUR0.69 per share.

Impianti is down 8.4 percent continuing a bearish trend that sees its last active session at the end of last month.

Among the bullish, Intred is advancing 3.0 percent with new price at EUR10.35 per share, following Friday night's 4.3 percent decline after two sessions closed among the bullish.

Doing even better is Bellini Nautica, which is up 3.7 percent to EUR1.70 per share.

In New York Friday night, the Dow rallied 0.1 percent, the Nasdaq gave up 1.2 percent, and the S&P 500 left 0.5 percent on the parterre.

Among currencies, the euro changed hands at USD1.0528 against USD1.0501 recorded in Friday's European stock close, while the pound was worth USD1.2171 from USD1.2134 on Friday night.

Among commodities, Brent crude is worth USD90.54 per barrel from USD89.68 per barrel at Friday's close. Gold, on the other hand, trades at USD1,910.35 an ounce from USD1,921.41 an ounce on Thursday evening.

Monday afternoon's macroeconomic calendar includes a three- and six-month Treasury bond auction in the US at 1730 CEST, while a speech by FOMC member Harker is scheduled for 2230 CEST.

By Maurizio Carta, Alliance News reporter

Comments and questions to redazione@alliancenews.com

Copyright 2023 Alliance News IS Italian Service Ltd. All rights reserved.